Friday, March 05, 2021

Stay At Home Round Robin, Pieces From the Past

 

I've been working pretty hard the past couple of days to finish things up.  The first thing was piecing the last round of the Stay at Home Round Robin.  This was coordinated by Gail @Quilting Gail, where all details can be found.  This last round was prompted by Gail, and she asked that we make pinwheels.  I never attached my log cabins last week, I wanted to combine them with this round.  I ended up making 4 more log cabins and 8 pinwheels.  I am really pleased with the way this came out.  Many thanks go out to Gail for coordinating this.  I got to use up an old, old orphan block for the center, and pieced the borders with a lot of my scraps.  


The second thing I have worked on this week was to piece this latest block from the Pieces From The Past Sewalong by Melva @Melva Loves Scraps.  These are all blocks that were published in the Kansas City Star in the 1930s.  She gave directions to start putting the top together, so I also put the blocks together.  There will be some later instructions later this month, but I decided I am going to do another row of 12" blocks.  This will be for my grandson Jaeger who graduates in several months, and as he is 6' or taller, it would make a better length for him.   This block was called The Pride of Ohio.  




I'll be linking up at Quilting Gail and Melva Loves Scraps.  

6 comments:

  1. Hi Karrin, Enjoyed reading your recent posts. I didn't realize how far back Barb Adams has been publishing. Great book. Small quilts are quite trendy now. That quilt with the flannel for your hubby would be so cosy. I made several of Melva's blocks and have them in my Quilt Bible box; they seem to match up with those. Meanwhile, wonderful stitching of your blocks. Hope your weekend is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two finished top, congratulations! I love your SAHRR, very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swooned over that Stay at Home quilt - gorgeous and loved the chair and quilt design embroidery, in fact I loved everything your working on. You have a lot in the works :) I appreciated reading about your Mom, such a hard life but the quilt to honor her memory is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your round robin turned out wonderfully, Karrin! I love how the log cabin blocks create a star effect with your center. It's a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your SAHRR came together beautifully, Karrin!! What size did it end up? It looks pretty big in the photo, but sometimes it's hard to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karrin your quilt is a winner! So pretty! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete