Sunday, May 14, 2023

ScrapHappy May

It’s time for showing off our scrap projects! ScrapHappy is open to anyone using up scraps of anything – no new materials. It can be a quilt block, pincushion, bag or hat, jewelry, dolls, socks or a sculpture. Anything made of scraps is eligible.   Welcome to Hannah for joining us.  

I've worked on several scrap projects this past month.   I worked a bit on Winter Blues by Bonnie Hunter.    I cut out a pile of my blue scraps to begin piecing the border for the quilt.   I got half of them pieced but I need to piece the other half.  This time next month I should have the top finished!


This past week I used scraps in two other ways.  The past several years I have participated in the Comfort Quilt Challenge hosted by Sarah @Confessions of a Fabric Addict.    I am getting started a little late this year.  But I used scraps to make 3 quilts last week.

I made two quilts made with Potato Chip Blocks.  These are demonstrated by Brenda @Conquering Mt. Rushmore.    They go together really quickly.  I used the larger 2.5 x 4.5 inch rectangles.



The third quilt I made was using 5 inch squares.  I acquired these from the mother-in-law of my daughter.  Several years ago she was moving to another state and was trying to get rid of stuff she didn't need.  She was going to throw them away, and I told her to give them to me.  This will be another one of my charity donations.





That's it for this month.  

If your scrap collection is out of control and you’d like to turn it into something beautiful or useful instead of leaving it to collect dust in the cupboard, why not join us on the 15th of each month? Either e-mail Kate at the address on her Contact Me page, or leave a comment on her Scrap Happy Post. You can also contact Gun via her blog to join. We welcome new members. You don’t have to worry about making a long-term commitment or even join in every month. Regular contributors receive an email reminder at least three days before the event.

Check out what the other members are making with their scraps this month.

KateGun, EvaSueLyndaBirtheTuridSusan (me!), Cathy, Tracy, JanMoira,
EdiSandraChrisAlysClaire93JeanJonDawn, GwenSue L,
Sunny, KjerstinVeraNanetteAnnDawn 2CarolPreetiDebbierose,
VivNóilinKarrinAmoAlissa Lynn and Tierney, Hannah


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:24 AM

    Those quilts are going to be well received.

    ReplyDelete