Sunday, May 28, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

It was another busy week, another week of fighting the blasted mealy bugs.   I found them in another room.  I am currently checking all my indoor plants every day for any signs of infection.

After seeing granddaughter Kyleigh's plantar boxes, I ordered a metal one for myself.  I got it all assembled, and spent Friday hauling soil and purchasing some vegetables.  I bought 3 kinds of tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, jalapeno peppers, and some herbs.  Friday was spent going to multiple stores to find what I wanted.  My side yard, where John used to build his boats is vacant, gets a lot of sun, and I think is a perfect spot for my garden.  




Tuesday I went with several quilting friends to the movies.  We saw Love Again that I really loved.   It had Sam Heughan from Outlander in it, and that might have influenced my opinion.  I am looking forward to Outlander's new season coming up June 16th.  

This past Wednesday was Community Service workday at my house, which meant I spent 2 days cleaning up my house.  

This week I was able to quilt this little quilt for Quilty Hugs for Happy Chemo for H2H this year.   For Slow Sunday Stitching this week I will be putting the binding on and sewing it by hand.  


I was also able to get this Gathered Blessings sampler done by Kathy Schmitz.  


I have also been working on this secret project for the next blog hop, When Pigs Fly.  



I'll be linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Head on over and check out what everyone has been up to.  

Thanks for stopping by!


14 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy a wonderful harvest from your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden spot looks great, wishing you a successful growing year! It’s good to have those events that make us clean, or we would just keep sewing, don’t you think? 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope your little garden grows well! it looks like a good spot for it. I think I will use that tumbler pattern for a baby quilt I need to make I have used it before and I have a die for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:52 AM

    Looks like a perfect spot to grow some veggies! I’ve been tidying too…not my favourite thing to do but necessary. The motivation of people coming to visit always helps! Gathered Blessings looks wonderful! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just caught up on your posts, Karrin. Isn't it great to have a grandson around to help out...I have 18 year old Jack with me and he has been a terrific help with so many things. Sorry to hear about the mealy bugs...they can get quite the hold. Your garden spot is perfect...good luck with that. Love seeing all your stitching...you made great progress. Also love the header quilt. Have a great Sunday now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a planter box like that on the side of our garage, and it has been fun to try different veggies in it. Love seeing all your projects, Karrin. Gathered Blessings turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got my garden planted too, bet you are looking forward to a good harvest. How nice to go out with quilting friends. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The veggies will do well in that sunny spot. Home grown produce always tastes delicious. I've been thinking about seeing Love Again, too, though by the time I get to see it the movie will be gone from the cinema. Such a sweet charity quilt; so kind of you. Your Gathered Blessings Sampler is beautiful and I must say the patriotic quilt in your header is gorgeous, Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of activity in your plant and stitching life! I have never had much success with growing my own tomatoes, though we did last year have a prolific volunteer cherry tomato plant that a bird or possum planted for us in the backyard planters:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:00 PM

    Lots of fabulous projects this week. I really love the Gathered Blessings sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been busy! I am not a gardener. I make do with one or two pots of tomatoes sometimes. Your garden is quite extensive. I like that donation quilt and your embroidery is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots happening at your home, as usual. I love the pretty stitchery piece you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your planter box, I wish for you a wonderful harvest. You Have some wonderful projects in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All in all, a great week, it sounds like. The garden sounds like a perfect new spot. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie and time with friends. That's important.

    ReplyDelete