Wednesday, June 14, 2023

ScrapHappy, June

It’s time for showing off our scrap projects! ScrapHappy is open to anyone using up scraps of anything – no new materials. It can be a quilt block, pincushion, bag or hat, jewelry, dolls, socks or a sculpture. Anything made of scraps is eligible.   Welcome to Hannah for joining us.  

I've worked on several scrap projects this past month.   I finished Winter Blues by Bonnie Hunter.    It is now a flimsy.  The top was entirely made of scraps.  I am waiting on the backing and I will be having someone quilt this for me.  


This month I have also worked on potato chip scrappy blocks. These are the potato chip blocks originated by Brenda @Conquering Mt. Scrapmore.    I am co-chair of community service for my quilt guild.  My co-chair recently gave me a box of flannel scraps leftover from projects we have made for community service.  I cut about 1/3 of what she gave me up.  For my potato chip blocks, I am using a 4.5 inch center fussy cut square instead of two 2.5 x 4.5 inch rectangles.   I am currently making community service tops for the guild.  These will be two smaller quilts for children.  I need about 4 more blocks for a girl, and 8 more for a boy.  


Saturday my daughter and granddaughter came over and helped me set up more blocks for me to sew.



Another project I did this month was make another garden bed out of leftover paving bricks I had in the side yard.  



If your scrap collection is out of control and you’d like to turn it into something beautiful or useful instead of leaving it to collect dust in the cupboard, why not join us on the 15th of each month? Either e-mail Kate at the address on her Contact Me page, or leave a comment on her Scrap Happy Post. You can also contact Gun via her blog to join. We welcome new members. You don’t have to worry about making a long-term commitment or even join in every month. Regular contributors receive an email reminder at least three days before the event.

Check out what the other members are making with their scraps this month.

KateGun, EvaSue, Lynda,  Birthe, Turid, Susan, Cathy,  Tracy,  JanMoira, SandraChrisAlys,
ClaireJeanJon, DawnGwen, Sunny, Kjerstin, Sue LVera, Edith Ann, Dawn 2, Carol, Preeti,
DebbieroseNóilinVivKarrin, Amo, AlissaLynn, Tierney and Hannah

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely varied scrap-haul this month! I love all those scrappy blocks, so fresh and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been seeing so many Bonnie Hunter quilts out in blog land recently. I have made a couple of hers but not in awhile - it looks great and I like how your raised bed turned out - we use what we use and normally they save us money, use items not needed for anything else and look good

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, your post shows wonderful things, and a lot of work expended on behalf of others. You will be blessed even more. I like the look of your potato chip blocks. Mine seem much darker and yours lighter feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blues quilt is very pretty! Your granddaughter is so cute, how fun to have her help you. Love that nice garden bed. What will you plant in it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scrap happy projects are great. Good luck with your garden bed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scrap quilts are some of my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:50 AM

    The Winter Blues is gorgeous! What a treat to have your adorable granddaughter there to help you!

    ReplyDelete