Monday, July 24, 2023

Day Twelve of the Twelve Days of Christmas In July Blog Hop

 


Welcome to day 12 of Sarah's 12 Days of Christmas In July Blog Hop.  Many thanks to Sarah for allowing me to participate.  

Christmas is my favorite time of year.  I love making gifts for my family, and I love baking cookies and making candy for my friends and family.  I like to find things I can fill my family's stockings with.  

One year I made mug rugs and bowl cozies for everyone.  Recently Angie Padilla came out with a gnome mug rug.    I love gnomes and grabbed the pattern.  I belong to her club, so I got it for free, but you can purchase it here.  


Recently I purchased some designs at Embroidery Designs.com and stitched out some tea towels.  These will probably go in stockings this year.  I have a few more to make.



I love the one that says "sometimes you just have to say Cluck It and walk away".


One year I made everyone a microwave potato bag.  These work really well, especially if you are single or live alone and only need to cook 1 potato.  The instructions can be found here at The Spruce Crafts.


Another thing I do every year is make my grandkids a new pillowcase, themed to something they have an interest in.  I have heard that one of my grandsons will not use any but the ones I make.  These are the ones I made last year.

My other favorite thing to do at Christmas is make cookies and candy.    I recently found a recipe for Six Minute Caramels,  by Easy Tried Recipes that you make in the microwave. I have made these multiple times and they are so easy and so good.  

I found another recipe, Vanilla Cream Filled Caramels by One Sweet Mama, I haven't tried it yet, but it looks good.

Thanks for joining me on the 12th Day of the 12 Days of Christmas in July Blog Hop.  Let Sarah @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict know how much you appreciate her putting this hop together, and for the great quilt she has shared with us!  

Thanks for stopping by

5 comments:

  1. These are all wonderful ideas, Karrin! It took me a minute to get why the mug rug says GNOEL. LOL, that's funny! Your family must love seeing what's in the stocking or the packages every year. I completely understand your grandson wanting to use only Grandma-made pillow cases. What a great personalized gift. Thank you for sharing some super ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ideas you've shared! The pillowcases are a good nudge to me--I used to do that each year but need to make amends !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:32 AM

    You're a woman after my heart :) I love all the Christmasy gifts you have made. Also got some great candy ideas, the vanilla cream Carmel's sound yummy and so decadent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of cute ideas here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing all your Christmas ideas, Karrin! I really love those towel designs!

    ReplyDelete