Thursday, November 02, 2023

Indigo Way-Quiltville Winter Mystery

 I look forward every year to Bonnie Hunter's Winter mysteries.  I have made I think 3 of them in the past.  

She came out with the introduction post on Tuesday, you can find it here. She usually comes out with paint chip cards to show what colors she used.  Each time the paint chip cards come out, I go up to Lowe's, and I always meet others that are doing the mystery.  This time I don't need the cards.

 I saw the introductory post and knew exactly what I was going to use.  Back in late 1999-early 2000s I was making my Dear Jane Quilt, and collecting reproduction fabrics, especially at Reproduction Fabrics.com.  At that time, there was a BOM offered I never worked on, it was called Indigo Stars.  I mainly hadn't worked on it because you needed to pretreat the fabrics before you used them.

After the Bonnie Hunter's reveal this week, I pulled out the baggie of fabrics and pre-treated them and ironed them all up, and pulled fabrics for the other colors to.  I still need to look for some more reds in my stash, maybe a few more light blues.  


The first clue for the mystery comes out on Good Friday.  I am all ready to go!

Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

  1. I always download Bonnie's mysteries but I've never made any during the actual mystery. I want to see what the quilt looks like before I start it! I like your fabrics, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look to see what the mystery is looking like and most times download the pattern but it always seems like I usually end of deleting it and not making it. Hope you will like it - I'm not much at mysteries it seems

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love seeing these mystery quilts come to life and Bonnies are always so wonderful. Pretty fabric pull.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty bundle of fabric, Karrin! That's great that you found the perfect project for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fabrics are lovely, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pull for this. So admire those that do these challenging quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:16 AM

    Oh this should be fun! Sharon (nwpaintedlady)

    ReplyDelete