Saturday, November 11, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

 It's been a busy couple of weeks.  My granddaughter Klara's BD was October 29th, but her BD party was November 4th.  It was a scavenger hunt at a local mall.  There were two pages of items they needed to take pictures of.   My daughter purchased 20 T-shirts, and I cut out 20 motifs on my Cricut.  This was Klara's.  The rest of them had the I'm ten removed.


My laptop is having a hard time transferring pics from my Iphone tonight.  

My pistache tree is showing beautiful fall colors.  


My pomegranate tree has fruit that is just about ripe I think.  


This past week I have worked a bit on my Storm at Sea blocks for my lighthouse quilt.  I still need to cut out more pieces with the Accuquilt die.  


I recently visited a dear friend who is 87 and not doing so well.  I took her this quilt to keep her warm.  I also took her a couple of homemade soups for nourishment.  

 

This week I also completed my One Monthly Goal, quilting this quilt.  I mailed it off to a good friend of mine that has been having some health issues and forgot to take a picture.  I am hoping when she receives it, she can get a picture taken with it, before I have to report in for One Monthly Goal.  This was the Scrap Dance Quadrille mystery by Carole @From My Carolina Home.  



Saturday I attended the Pioneer Quilt Guild's Quilt show and saw some lovely quilts.  I tend to favor the ones with embroidery and applique, my favorite things, but these are some of quilts displayed.













What I will be working on for Slow Sunday Stitching is one of my projects for the Turkey Trot Blog Hop which starts next week.  I will be sewing down the binding.  Head on over to Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching and see what everyone is working on.  



Thanks for stopping by.  



7 comments:

  1. Wow, some gorgeous quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I ever saw a pomegranate tree - what do you do with your fruit - juice? or something else. so many lovely quilts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts that you are gifting to dear friends needing comfort! I am amazed by that pomegranate tree and wonder what a fresh one would taste like! Enjoy your binding - I am looking forward to the blog hop! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trees are wonderful and I too have never seen a pomegranate tree. You are so thoughtful gifting quilts to those you might need a smile and something to cuddle under.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so kind to always be gifting quilts to friends who need comfort, Karrin! Your Quadrille turned out beautifully - I love the purple. Enjoy your stitching today - I'll look forward to the blog hop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:02 AM

    Your friends will appreciate their cozy new quilts from you. Fun quilts at the show. Enjoy your hand stitching today. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:02 PM

    Adorable tee shirt saying for the birthday girl, sounds like a lot of fun. Lots of beautiful quilts on display - yours should be there. They are all beautiful :) Have a nice week Sharon (nwpaintedlady)

    ReplyDelete