Sunday, November 26, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

Hope everyone that celebrates had a Happy Thanksgiving!  In preparation for Thanksgiving I participated in the Turkey Trot Blog Hop hosted by the fabulous Joan @Moosestash Quilting.  You can see my post here.  

In addition last week, one of the major highlights of my week was to meet our very lovely Kim @Sarah Lizzies.   I found out she was coming to San Francisco to visit her daughter prior to Thanksgiving and just after.  In fact she is flying back to Tasmania today.  Several years ago Kim had a giveaway of one of the Parisian boots she had made, and I was the lucky recipient of one of them.  You can read about it here.  


I had wanted to give her something I had made, and I had an idea in mind.  Many years ago I had taken a Judith Baker Montano class at Empty Spools in Asilomar and had started this piece.  I was able to finish it up, and gift it to Kim this past week.  



I live about 2-1/2 hours from San Francisco, have never driven in San Francisco, but I made it there OK and back.  Kim and I had a lovely lunch and visited some afterwards and the time seemed to fly by.  I hated to leave, but Kim's daughter was coming to pick her up, and I needed to get on the freeway again and make my way home before afternoon traffic.   Traffic was a mess and took me about 4-1/2 hours to get home, but it was the highlight of my week and an absolute delight to meet Kim, and I wouldn't have missed the opportunity for anything.   One of the kind servers in the cafe we were at took our picture before we left.  


Then it was time to get home and get prepped for Thanksgiving.  We had a full house this year, with my two daughters and their families, and my stepdaughter Dawn who stayed with me.  We were able to get some family pictures in the park across the street.










A couple of our appetizers:



The menu for this year.  


What I will be working on for Slow Sunday Stitching is finishing up this wool pumpkin.


I'll be linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching and I look forward to seeing what everyone has been up to.  

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. the social part of crafting is such a lovely part of life - it is good to have family around at the holiday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed that you have a printed menu. How wonderful to celebrate Thanksgiving with a house full of family. Also how wonderful to meet up with Kim. I have been missing her lovely blog posts. Enjoy working on that cute pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that you got to meet Kim! Your piece is absolutely gorgeous. She must have been thrilled to receive it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So neat you were able to meet up with her while she was in the US! Your meal sounds yummy and having the family all together is great. I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun to meet Kim! I've always loved her blog and seeing her quilts. And kudos to you for driving in San Francisco, too, Karrin! Looks like a lovely Thanksgiving for you and the family. Enjoy your stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:15 AM

    How great to meet up with a fellow slow Sunday stitcher! And your thanksgiving looked fab too. Sarah quilting by the sea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:56 AM

    So fun to meet Kim in person! Looks like a wonderful thanksgiving with your family! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful to meet up with the lovely Kim. I've just checked her blog after realising she hadn't blogged in a while. I'm sure you got along famously!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun to meet Kim! I love her blog. The piece you gave Kim is delightful. So much detail to appreciate.
    Your family photos are amazing. Everyone was looking at the camera and smiling! That so rarely happens.
    And the quilt in your header with the primitive turkey and stitching is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Karrin, meeting you and whiling away the hours chatting with you was fabulous. A gift to me, really. I still cannot believe that we were able to finally meet after all these years of exchanging emails from one end of the globe to another. Such serendipity.=) Meeting you just confirmed my long-held suspicions that you and I are kindred spirits. Thank you for making such a huge effort to making this possible. Now for my beautiful pretty you gifted...thank you. Such amazing stitching. I will treasure it always. Your Thanksgiving with your family sounds as if it was wonderful. I am impressed with all the details and effort that went into your celebration. I must say I enjoyed sharing Thanksgiving with my daughter and SIL. A most wonderful day. The photos of you and your family are lovely. Such happy, smiling faces...just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete