Monday, November 13, 2023

Turkey Trot Blog Hop, My Day


                                                 


The Turkey Trot Blog Hop started Monday,  hosted by the fabulous Joan @Moosestash Quilting.  

The challenge this time is to "Think turkeys, thankfulness, or Thanksgiving fabric.  November also means the beautiful colors of fall, so sew something with orange, golds, browns, greens or cranberry reds".

I love fall, and all those colors.  Many thanks to Joan for another fun hop!

When I first started quilting back in the late 1990's, I saw this pattern in a magazine, and it was one of my first quilting projects.  I thought of writing the gobble, gobble on it myself.  



I have always loved the primitive type quilting and stitchery, and the turkey in the header was also one of my first projects.  

Another of my long-ago Thanksgiving projects was this wool turkey banner.  



A quilt shop in my town that used to be open in the late 90's through 2000's had a craft night once a month and we would make various projects, and one of the projects we made was this stuffed turkey.




Last week, a friend and I went to this vintage type shop that had it's Christmas decorations out, and I found this guy and just had to have him.  It's something I would have made if I had seen the pattern.



What I finished for this blog hop was my Autumn Harvest wall hanging.  This is a Bird Brains Design.  


Last but not least, I purchased a fall panel called Autumn Harvest by Maywood Studio.  It had a pumpkin, flowers, and a squirrel, in my favorite fall colors, and it was in flannel.  I also purchased the striped fabric.  I then found out there was sort of a pattern on Bonnie Sullivan, the designer's website, and purchased a fat quarter bundle so I could make the stars.  I fussy cut the striped fabric so I could make the stars.  After I got the top together, I wanted more of that stripe for the last border.  Luckily I could still obtain it.  I used my leaf die on my Accuquilt to cut out the leaves in the corners, and my Cricut to cut out the squirrels.  



Be sure and visit the other bloggers and see what they have been working on.  Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

16 comments:

  1. What a great collection of Thanksgiving/Fall projects! I especially like your Bird Brains Designs embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful projects! I love your shopping find of the stuffed turkey. That is just too cute and ohhhh, the quilting on your Autumn Harvest wall hanging is gorgeous! You really know how to put us in the Thanksgiving mood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such adorable projects! Love your last quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got quite a sweet collection of handcrafted turkeys...so fun! That "I'm stuffed" turkey would have come home with me, too. The grandkids would love that. Your fabrics and fall panel created a gorgeous quilt, Karrin. That border fabric is really beautiful! You sewed a treasure with this fabric and pattern combo. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, am I stuffed is wonderful and a perfectly designed Thanksgiving decoration. It sure made me smile and chuckle. Your quilt is marvelous. So much hard work, but it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all fun turkey projects and I love your new quilt! You have been busy - the cute wall hanging is fantastic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karrin, I love all the projects you shared! But the Bird Brains design is my favorite! I love doing stitchery, and adding it to a quilting project. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute turkey projects, Karrin! I love the quilt made with the pretty panel and coordinating fabric. Those stars are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing all your projects! Lots of wonderful eye candy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely collection of turkey projects. So cute! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all so fun to see but I love the "Lord's Blessings" one the most--so whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great turkey projects! I love the last two you got done for the hop - quite a lot of work for a panel quilt but the top is done...hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4:40 PM

    I absolutely love your header - it is so primitive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of your turkey projects are great! My favorite is the stuffed turkey pillow. So fun!

    ReplyDelete