Sunday, June 16, 2024

For The Birds Blog Hop Challenge Starts Today, My Day

 


Today is my day for the start of the For The Birds Blog Hop Challenge, hosted by the fabulous Joan  @MooseStash Quilting.  

The Challenge:  Angry birds, crazy birds, whimsical birds or flying geese.  If its a bird, this is their time to show their colors.  

For this challenge, I had planned to make a lap quilt for my daughter Katie for her birthday.  I had an owl panel I planned to use.   Katie loves owls.  Several weeks ago Katie came to my quilt guild's show and saw a different owl quilt made from a panel that she just kept telling me how much she loved.  While I was working at the quilt show I went ahead and ordered this other owl panel and finished the top.


I'll get this quilted before her August Birthday.  

Be sure and visit the other bloggers below.  And thanks again to Joan for another great challenge!


                                                                         June 17

MooseStashQuilting

Karrin’s Crazy World

Quilting Between the Rails

Selina Quilts

Quilt Doodle Designs

 

June 18

Homespun Hannah's Blog

BeaQuilter

Words & Stitches

High Road Quilter

Quilted Delights

Quilted Snail

 

June 19

Patchouli Moon Studio

A Quiltery

Ms P Designs USA

Stitching Farm Girl

Scrapdash

 

June 20

Just Let Me Quilt

Isabella’s Whimsy

Quilting Gail

Hazel's Daughter

Songbird Designs


Thanks for stopping by!  


14 comments:

  1. Lovely panel and a beautiful gift, she will love this SO much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the shadow box effect on the panel and border--neat quilt! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of that majestic owl panel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful panel. Love the way you bordered it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your border is beautiful around that gorgeous owl! Your daughter will love it, I'm sure! Thanks for flying with us today, Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great border for the owl panel! I bet your daughter will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous use of that panel and I am sure Katie will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your border frames this proud owl so well! Your love in every stitch makes it the perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice quilt, the border I really love too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The border makes an outstanding owl quilt! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how the quilt turned out. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:25 AM

    beautiful owl panel. I love how you finished it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome, Karrin. I love owls too! This is a great panel and I love the border! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful panel and I love how you have completed it. Your daughter will be very happy indeed.

    ReplyDelete