Sunday, June 16, 2024

HQAL, Slow Sunday Stitching

This week we had our guild meeting early as the church we meet at had other activities.  It was also our quilt show rewards.  I was pleasantly surprised and blessed to have won 4 ribbons.  

Ella Maria Deacon reproduction won First Prize in the large applique category, plus it was one of five quilts that won Viewer's Choice


Mrs. Brown's Quilt was in the same category as Ella Maria and won second place.  This was a quilt I finished in 2000 and was quilted by Bonnie Hunter when she was doing longarm quilting.  


My Favorite Things also won a first place.  




This week I got caught up on Woven Wreaths. 




What I will be working on for Slow Sunday Stitching is another Kathy Schmitz embroidery.  



Be sure to check out what the other hand quilters and piecers are up to below.  

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretDebNanette, SharonKarrinDaisy, and Connie


I'll be linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the ribbons, you had a good show! Have a peaceful afternoon of embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on your ribbons!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your wins! Those are gorgeous quilts - you deserve the recognition. I love that KS bee design - I wonder if I have that one stashed away somewhere. I'll have to look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the ribbon wins for your gorgeous quilts!
    I have lost my Woven Wreaths piece somewhere in my sewing room! I must make an extraordinary effort to find it- it's so pretty!
    Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:48 AM

    Of course you win some ribbons for your beautiful quilts. Congratulations! Happy honey bee stitching this week! Gail at cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon12:54 PM

    Congrats on all the ribbons, you absolutely deserved them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the well deserved ribbons. I love how your Ella turned out. Enjoy your stitching on those pretty bees.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not at all surprised you won all those ribbons for your amazing quilts, Karrin! Well done you!! Your Ella Marie Deacon is a dream. Each block in all their wonderfulness takes my breath away. She's a beauty......and so big!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Karrin, well deserved! Enjoy working on your embroidery today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your ribbons - the quilts are beautiful and it is always lovely to be acknowledge for your talent. Love seeing those woven ribbon blocks - they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many congratulations on your si bons, you must be so pleased!

    ReplyDelete