Saturday, June 08, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

This week my youngest granddaughter Klara had a little play at school, depicting the gold rush in California.  Klara had a lead part, as one of the narrators of the play, and she memorized her lines like a champ!   The students were all dressed up in period costumes for the era.



Our weather in Northern California the past several weeks  has been in the 90's and 100's.  I was able to get out into one of my flower beds.  It has gotten overgrown since the winter.  I knew I had a bunch of bulbs in there, iris and naked lady bulbs and they have replicated like crazy.  So I pulled them up.   I am going to replant the naked ladies, but the iris I am giving away.  Those two boxes of bulbs came out of that tiny area.  



I still have another area to clean out, that also has foxgloves in it.  

But everything else is blooming including my hydrangeas.




My vegetable garden is thriving also.  I have harvested 2 zucchini and one crookneck squash.  

My daughter Kristen has a new boxer puppy named Roxy that is the cutest little thing.  I have seen her 3 times this week.  This is my son-in-law Jeff and it is his puppy.  He had a boxer that passed away several years ago.  


This past week I as able to get my Kathy Schmitz bee stitchery done, and one of the Woven Wreaths.  



For Slow Sunday Stitching I will be working on another of the Woven Wreaths.  I am catching up, and after I finish up this one, I have one more for June and I will be caught up.



I will be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Wish it was hot here. =) So you have a thespian in the family. Klara looks wonderful dressed in her costume for the play. Your hydrangeas are flowering wonderfully; such pretty colours. Love the tree with the orange/red flowers in your yard. What is it?? Enjoy your slow stitching and your sunny, hot days. I'm sitting here in front of the fire trying to keep warm. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hydrangea flowers are beautiful! Your stitcheries are very pretty, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hydrangeas are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hydrangeas are so pretty! They must like that hot weather. I really like the Woven Wreaths in red! Looks like they are coming along nicely. Enjoy your stitching today, Karrin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:32 PM

    Always lovely stitching going on at your place. So fun to go and see the play too. What a cute puppy! Gail at the Cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete