Sunday, June 23, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

This week was not quite as busy as I usually have.  We had our guild meeting a week early, so my Wednesday was free.   I was able to get a bunch of errands done.  I also cut out and made 3 summer dresses for myself.





They all were 2 hour dresses, no zippers.  The last one took me 6 hours to do.  The facing directions were sort of difficult, and I ended up putting in the facing 3 times.  

Saturday night was grandson Keaton's open house/graduation party.  They had a food truck that came and parked outside and served all sorts of pulled pork/pulled chicken dishes, served over french fries, or tacos.  At grandson Jaeger's graduation party several years ago, they had the same truck and  it is delicious.






Daughter Katie painted this picture for Keaton's graduation gift.  



Weather has been in the high 90's this week, and Saturday it got to 104.  Thankfully next week it is supposed to get back into the high 90's.  

For Slow Sunday Stitching this week, I am going to try to work on this Kathy Schmitz stitchery.  I got side tracked last weekend and ended up working on something else.  



I'll be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching. 

Thanks for stopping by.




9 comments:

  1. Your productivity astounds me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look resplendent there, Karrin, with the grandson and wearing your pretty dress. I so admire these skills of yours. Just the word "facing" would make me turn away, LOL. They had a Games truck for the grandson's birthday party..I'd never heard of such a thing. Congrats to the handsome grown up graduate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dresses look great - so cool and comfortable. That painting for Keaton is a hoot! Sounds like the perfect gift for him. Enjoy your stitching today, and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dresses are fabulous, Karin. You look lovely in the blue floral one. Such pretty fabric. A food truck serving everyone all the time is a fabulous idea and stress free. Congratulations to Keaton. The painting your daughter gifted him is such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:38 PM

    I have not made myself clothes in years…maybe I should get back into that again. Your dresses are very pretty! You never have a dull moment with all the family events to attend! Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those dresses are wonderful! I think dresses are cooler than pants or capris. Most parents or grandparents wouldn’t wear shorts to a graduation, well except the Grandpa I’m married to. Shorts always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Three dresses in one week is pretty amazing. They look fabulous! Congratulations to the grandson. Where were food trucks at parties when I was growing up? I really do enjoy this trend. Hope you enjoyed stitching on your block on this Slow Sunday Stitching. -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your dresses. What kind of fabric did you use? I think a food truck sounds like a great idea for a graduation party. Congratulations to Keagan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dresses look lovely and cool. Love that painting for the graduation gift.

    ReplyDelete