Saturday, October 19, 2019

HQAL, Slow Sunday Stitching

It's hard to believe another three weeks has passed.  Time to check in for the Hand Quilt-Along.  Several days this week were not very productive.  I had a migraine again, and then 2 nights my youngest grandchildren had dance shows at school.  

I was able to finish this month's assignment on Sweet Land of Liberty which is being done through the Quilts by Cheri Friendship Group on Facebook, coordinated by Lori of Humble Quilts.  I think we are nearing the end now.  




I also finished the stitchery on a couple of Christmas presents for a quilter friend.  I need to make them into a stitching bag and a needle book.  These are designed by Jenny of Elefantz.  I have made the stitching bag before for granddaughters Kyleigh and Klara.  



I have also worked on the Buhl-Bushong Quilt this week assembling 2 blocks and I am in the process of making 2 more.


Once I finish making 8 more of the crown pieces, I will be hand-stitching these sections on.



Right now I am working on redoing this Hospital Sketches block.  I was not happy with the first version, which is the bottom middle block, and am totally redoing it, in cheddar, blue and red.  I think I will like it much better.  


Hand Quilt Along Links

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretEmmaTracyDebSusan,  Nanette,  EdithSharonKarrinGretchen and Kathi



I will linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Be sure and head over there and check out what everyone has been up to.

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Karrin ~ oh I just love the Christmas gift your working on. That turq & red is just beautiful together. Your stitching is so lovely too. The quilt is amazing ~ excited to see it finished :) Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such beautiful projects going on! I love the "Sew with a merry heart" stitching, and thanks for the link to her tutorial for the bag, too. That will make a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful, varied projects! Your hand stitching is lovely! I'm so glad you shared! Those bags will be so pretty! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful projects! I am making SLOL too, but it has been put on the backburner for now as I get other projects finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your plan for that block on the Hospital Sketches will be just perfect, and I do love that Bushong pattern, it looks pretty challenging. Your blocks are so well done! I do love Jenny Elefantz's embroidery style; this one is just sweet. Happy stitching to you Karrin, and hoping no more migraines!I'm so glad you are a part of the HQAL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Bushong blocks are beautiful and so are the hospital sketches blocks. Your friend is going to appreciate the needlebook. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, you have a lot going on. SOME of us are nearing the SLOL end, and some of us aren't. LOL But that's okay. I did buy a couple of the Bulh-Bushong patterns to get started in January. I'm going to do the appliqué by hand, and then decide whether I'm using the same middle blocks. I look forward to seeing your new Hospital Sketches block, too. The Jenny designs look wonderful and will be much appreciate by the recipient, I know. I still treasure my wool table runner and have it out for Thanksgiving each year. I need to get the rectangular table upstairs and the round one someplace else. It's all the unpiling of stuff and swapping them that slows me down. LOL Wonderful stitching, Karrin. Best of luck with the next 3 weeks' goals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have beautiful projects you are working on!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some wonderful projects you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to be more faithful reading your blog so i can work on SLOL. Im so far behind. All your other projects are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Cheri design Freedom block is so prim looking good!

    ReplyDelete