Thursday, October 10, 2019

Witchy Stitchy Blog Hop, My Day



Welcome to my day of the Witchy Stitchy Blog Hop!  First off I would like to thank Carol of Just Let Me Quilt for this Spooktacular hop.  It has been such fun seeing everyone's projects.

I used to have 2 Halloween-based quilts but gifted them years ago.

My local quilt store that closed many years ago used to have a craft project night once a month and we would make items for different seasons. These are just a few I made for Halloween.  


The last is a witch I carved when one of our quilter teachers taught carving.



So for this Witchy Stitchy Blog Hop, I decided to make some decorative pillow covers.  I made an envelope back so I can switch them out for the different seasons.

I went to the Graphics Fairy site that has free images, and I found one that I liked of a witch flying on a broom.



This is my pillow.  I fused the images on, and buttonhole stitched them.


I decided I would make one for each of my daughters too.  My youngest daughter saw mine and liked the black batik I framed mine with and wanted that in hers also.  I just had a strip left, but was able to piece some together for hers too.  Katie also likes owls.  Right now the Wooly Block Adventure is going on and last week one of the blocks offered was an owl block called Whooo's Witchy from the Main Street Quilt Cottage in Hurricane, UT.  

I decided to use that design on Katie's pillow.



This next one I made for my older daughter Kristen.  



Then I decided granddaughter Kyleigh back in college in MA needed one too!  The image on this one too I got on the Graphics Fairy website.


While in my Halloween fabric stash, I found this UFO.  Apparently it was a kit for a pumpkin table runner someone had started years ago. I think a friend gave me this baggie of pumpkins.  Actually there were enough pumpkins cut out to make 3 table runners, I gave each of my daughters one of these too.  



Lastly while I was in my old, old Halloween stash I found this fabric I absolutely love.  I need to create a wall hanging around this piece.  I left it out to give me inspiration.   It was called "witchy woman" by Phillip De Leon for Alexander Henry.


Thanks so much for visiting today.  Be sure and visit the other blogs. I have included a line-up of the whole schedule below.   And thanks again to the fabulous Carol for such a fun hop!  I have had a blast visit the other bloggers!

October 7


October 8

October 9
October 10

October 11

28 comments:

  1. Oh my Witchy Stitchy goodness! I love all those pillows and the designs on each of them. Your girls are so lucky to have a creative mom and grandma like you. That carved witch is incredible. Wow...what a treasure that is! I live close to the Hurricane quilt store you mentioned. It's a really cute shop! Thank you so much for hopping with us and sharing all your Halloween projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you had so many great projects. All the pillows and the pumpkin runner is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great group of projects! I really like all the pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! Lucky daughters and granddaughter. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are so cute. Loved the pillows

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially love your owl pillow. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun projects! I like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pumpkin table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeeeeks! Your projects all call my name. Those pillows, the table toppers, and yes the dolls are all just full of Halloween happiness. Alexander Henry is one of my favorite fabric designers too👻👻👻👻👻

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karrin your projects are so CUTE! I adore the pillows...I'd never thought about using digital graphics for stuff like that! I really love the pumpkin runner!! Gosh, that's really darling!! Happy Birthday tomorrow!!! ♥ :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karrin! What fun Halloween inspiration you've shared today. Everything is cuter than the next. I am thrilled that you shared the link for free images. I sometimes want some inspiration, and it sounds like that website may just provide it sometime. Happy Friday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your daughters are so lucky. I have enjoyed each and every pillow and the runner is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic pillows and the pumpkin table runner looks wonderful. Such great gifts, they will be thrilled :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pillows, lucky recipients! Would like to see what you make with the cute witch fabric when you get it done. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect Halloween pillows and pumpkin runner. My you have really been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your projects, they are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are all great projects. Lucky kids. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have some amazing Halloween projects!!! Love the carving - that is difficult to do and you have to incorporate any "oops" into your project! Your pillows are adorable as are your pumpkin runners!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've been so busy making all these great projects! The pumpkin runner especially caught my eye because I made something similar with snowmen from a pattern by Sweetwater.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi. your 'witchy woman' by alexander henry is wonderful. i made myself a king size pillowcase that i use every october. sometimes it even lasts six months. such a great design. patti in florida

    ReplyDelete
  21. All of your projects are great--I especially liked the carved witch and the witch pillow as well as the pumpkins table runner--hard to pick a favorite!!
    barbkaup(at)(yahoo)(dot)(com)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cool! And good idea to make them so that you can swap them out for different seasons! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What great Halloween projects! You have a wonderful stash of spooky fabric. I'm sure your daughters are delighted with there cushions - lucky them!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have been busy! Your pillows are all great, and I love the pumpkin table runners. I'm sure your daughters and granddaughter were very happy! My favorite of your projects are your dolls! They are spooktacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW!! You are so talented!! I love it all....great job! Thanks for the info on the site you used, too. I'll be using that from now on

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for sharing all these great halloween projects. I'm loving the Witchy Woman fabric and can't wait to see what you make from them. The pillows are all great, can't pick a favorite. And how great you had enough pumpkins to share. Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  27. All of your Halloween projects are so wonderful, but I do like your new pillow and the graphic. Such lovely decorations for everyone!

    ReplyDelete