I actually have 6 blocks done, many, many more to sew together.
The other project I am actively sewing by machine is sort of a drEAMi (Drop Everything and Make it) sort of project.
This is where I sit at night to hand sew. It is sort of a chaise lounge off to the side of the couch. The couch is made of a corduroy type fabric, and one section under where I sit split on the low part, and I ironed a patch inside. That corrected the defect, but sort of puckered up the surrounding fabric and I don't like to look at it. So I covered it with one of the first quilts I ever made for my husband. It was called a shaded nine patch I think. When I scoot off to get up, it becomes untucked all over the place and it is getting very annoying.
So my brilliant idea for this drEAMi was to make a quilt, sew it up to that point that the armrest is and just tuck the top part in. I will probably put velcro at the very top, and just tuck the part under the armrest in.
A long, long time ago (2005) I was in a Yahoo Group with a bunch of quilters, and we had something called Lotto. We would have a certain focus fabric and make a block of your choice. Then there would be a drawing and someone would win the blocks.
Well one month I won the blocks, so I searched for those in the closet and drawers and found them.
This was the focus fabric. I think we had intentions of it being a Christmas quilt, but these are fine with me for my slip cover. All the blocks had this fabric in it.
Here are the blocks I won, there were 15.
I wanted to do a shaded alternative block, and I made 40 of those yesterday.
I've been working on the kitchen table with a tablecloth on it. I guess it is better to use a larger mat when trimming the blocks, because I discovered this today! I went right off the mat and onto my table cloth!
The quilt will eventually look sort of like this. I need to make 24 more pieced blocks and I can start piecing it together.
I also recently started Pieces from the Past Sew Along @Melva Loves Scraps. This Sew Along will end in March of 2021, and I decided it would be perfect for my grandson Jaeger's graduation quilt. The first block was a signature block. I will wait until I find out the date he graduates and put that in then.
This was the first block. Instead of 30s fabrics I will be using more masculine type fabric.
As if that wasn't enough, Barbara Brackman's new applique BOM started today, Cassandra's Circle. I found some fabric I have in my stash I'm going to use for background, will just need something coordinating for the borders.
I'll be linking up for Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter. Thanks so much Jennifer for this inspiration!