The Color it Red Blog Hop starts next week and I did finish my project yesterday. This is hosted by Carol @ Just Let Me Quilt. I can't wait to show this one. I spent the past couple of weeks hand-quilting the project. It is small, about 15 inches square.
Yesterday I started my project for the Dust of a Quilt Book Blog Hop which is the first of March hosted by Bea @Beaquilter.
My project comes from a book published in 1990. I have dearly loved this quilt for years, and it is a theme both my husband and I love. The trouble I ran into yesterday was that I needed to cut 12 backgrounds 4.5 x 8.5 inches, and I had a strip of fabric I thought I could get them all. I don't know what my problem was, but I cut the first strip too narrow. Then I only had one strip left, and I cut the 4.5 right, but cut the 8.5 too short. So I ended up with 4 pieces and am having to use something else too. This quilt has a LOT of little pieces, plus a Y-seam. It will be challenging.
Okay on to what I can show. My niece sent pictures of the baby on the quilt I made, and Lucy carrying her little bag.
Yesterday afternoon after I messed up my cuts on my Dust Off a Book project, I decided to move on to something else. Grandson Jaeger brought over his Letterman jacket for me to add/fix some patches. He just received it several days before. My daughter sort of knows how to sew, but it is not her thing. She tried to attach the patches by hand, and the sleeves are leather so it was hard.
Apparently Jaeger didn't tell her, like he told me that the lining could be unzipped. Or she didn't realize you could pull it away from the sleeves too. It was a big mess. I took all this out, pulled the lining off the sleeves, and attached all the patches. Part of the big ones had been attached by the jacket company.
Now something I can show. My One Monthly Goal for February is to put 15 swap blocks from long ago with others, make a quilt I am going to make into a slipcover for the chaise part of my couch.
I did get the quilt part done. I have one on my poorly lit design floor, and Jaeger kindly held it up across the street at the park.
Now I just need to quilt it, and assemble it into a cushion cover. I measured it and it is going to fit.
That's it for now. Let's see if I can cut accurately today!
Thanks for stopping by!