Thursday, February 20, 2020

What I've Been Up To, Color it Red Blog Hop











The Color it Red Blog Hop continues, hosted by Carol @ Just Let Me Quilt.   I have been seeing  some amazing projects.   Here is the whole schedule in case you have missed any days.  As you can see below, my day is tomorrow.  I can 't wait to show you my projects!  


February 17th

February 18th

February 19th

February 20th
February 21st



Wednesday Wait Loss Featured smaller.jpg   I discovered this morning I was featured on Wednesday Wait Loss #159 @ The Inquiring Quilter  for my Valentine quilt I made years ago.  I used to belong to a Yahoo Group of quilters that at times made swap blocks for a certain occasion.  This was made from various swap blocks I received in that swap from 1999!



Most of the things I have been working on are for the two blog hops I am involved in coming up, the Color it Red tomorrow, and the Dust of a Quilt Book Blog Hop in March.  

This week has been sort of disruptive, our heat went out again on Saturday night and it was fixed Monday evening.  I couldn't find it in myself to work in the unheated portion of the house.  Yesterday involved taking my husband downtown for an appointment and coming home during peak traffic.  I am so happy I am retired and don't have to brave that traffic anymore!

My handwork has involved Cassandra's Circle, the new applique BOM by Barbara Brackman @ Civil War Quilts.  I have been working on these plumes for some time now.  Before I started, I ironed creases vertically, and horizontally for the center, and then diagonally on all four corners to try to get good placement.  It seemed to be going along pretty good, until I got to one of the last plumes, and I have no room between the adjacent two.  Right now I am taking the dark blue ones off and repositioning them to make room for the one on the left hand side that is pinned.  I'm stitching one dark blue one on the right, and then I will move the dark blue one on the bottom left.  This 36" block is sort of hard to stitch.  





The other finish I had recently was a pillow cover for DD#2.  Last year I had given both daughters and granddaughter a cushion which I told them I would make a new one for each season.  I was caught up till spring on everybody's except DD#2 who happens to love owls.  So I took my Accuquilt Owl die and made this one for her.  

She had seen my Winter Blues Blog Hop quilt hanging on the wall and loved several fabrics in it which she wanted incorporated into her spring pillow cover. 


She wanted some of the toile, which I didn't have enough scraps of, she also liked a plaid print, and the dish fabric.  

So this is what I came up with.



Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. You have so many beautiful quilts. Isn't it good to make these blog hops a chance to finish an UFO? Congratulations on beeing featured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That owl pillow is adorable! Thanks for sharing it on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete