Saturday, March 14, 2020

Hand Quilt Along, Slow Sunday Stitching

Hard to believe another 3 weeks has flown by, and time to check in for the Hand Quilt Along, and also Slow Sunday Stitching.

Earlier this week I did a pretty extensive shopping expedition, but never found toilet paper.  Still can't find toilet paper.  I still have 5 rolls, but I was going to at least buy another package!  Then we found out yesterday our grandchildren are out of school until the 13th of April.  I was scheduled to watch the two youngest for at least 5 days during that time, but now our daughters have decided not to put my husband at risk, especially due to his asthma.  So my older grandsons are going to watch the two youngest.  I will miss seeing everybody for sure!  I also cancelled my husband's appointment on Monday, and rescheduled to the end of April.  

What I have been working on for slow stitching this week is my Buhl-Bushong assignment for March.  I have two of the flowers done, and have two more to go.  This is where I am now.



Next up, I prepared the next Father Christmas block.  My goal is to have this one done this month.  It was one of my 2020 Finish-Along goals.



The links for the other's in this Hand Quilt along are below. 

Hand Quilt Along Links

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

I will also be linking  up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Be sure and head over there to check out those links too.  

I really appreciate both of these weekly, or every three week motivations!  Thanks to both Kathys!

16 comments:

  1. My husband has often said that in 48 years we have been married, I have not let us run out of toilet paper. I have 3 1/2 cases. Enough for a few months.
    I decided to join in the hand piecing QAL. Still not decided what my fabrics will be I have way too many choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your appliqued flowers are lovely. I'm a stock up person and I really prepare for winter. You never know what kind of winter we'll have and I hate driving in ice and snow. There's still plenty stored away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This toilet paper situation sure is crazy. Perhaps a neighbor/friend/relative has extra to share if needed. Your family is being thoughtful in not exposing others. Your pretty applique work is certainly a stress reliever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pretty flowers are a welcome sight. So much negativity and craziness in current times. Its sure nice to have our stitching. I was lucky, as we just bought a big case of TP as we were running low two weeks ago. I sure hope that everyone helps to help stop the spread of this flu. Maybe that will get people to settle down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your applique flowers are lovely... enjoy stitching today!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karrin~ You have been busy with lots of wonderful projects to work on during these crazy times. Hang in there with missing the grands :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you guys are still doing OK. It will be sad not to see the grands, but that does leave more TP for you!! :)
    Your appliqué is looking fine indeed! I'm gearing up for on line lessons this week. DH was in to see the doc Friday, and got meds stockpiled with out any trouble, as well as an early kenelog shot, so hoping we are good through May if need be, (at least to not go in to see anyone.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karrin, your hand applique is so pretty! The prep for the block looks fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Father Christmas block looks like it will be fun to create! I always enjoy seeing your progress on the Buhl-Bushong project, too. Enjoy your stitching time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have to be careful with my mom as well. She has asthma and COPD. Yesterday I went over there and set her up on facetime so that we can all still talk to her and she can see us. I didn't want all the kids and their germs so close to her. Your flowers look so fun and spring like!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have two lovely projects going on! Stay well.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like your hand appliqué! There must now be a world wide shortage of loo roll! We can't buy tinned tomatoes, pulses, pasta or rice either! Take care and keep healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As of Friday, 3/13, our school here in Ohio is out until 4/6. I anticipate it going longer, but we shall see. Hopefully the TP fairy will make a delivery to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you and especially your husband will be okay. These are unprecedented times that the world is experiencing. Loving your new flowers for your Buhl-Bushong. All your appliqued pretties on this quilt are going to be glorious. So looking forward to seeing it all done. I am supposing we are all going to have more time than usual to do some stitching. Take care and please keep well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Santa block is one of my favorite ones of the series. The Buhl-Bushong border is looking good, and you are probably already beyond that now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karrin, gorgeous hand applique and I love that Father Christmas. YOu are going to get so much enjoyment from stitching that. I was supposed to babysit the 6 year old grandson during March Break but didn't get to because of the isolation. His parents are working from home and managing him. I waved to him from the window when he dropped off the cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete