Thursday, March 26, 2020

The New Normal, Ella Maria Deacon Quilt,

Last night I received a call from Kaiser Pharmacy, a computer call.   As I had ordered 2 of my prescriptions for home delivery, I was expecting them to say they had been shipped.  The call directed me to call another Kaiser pharmacy number, where your orders had been held up.  I called, and was on hold for 45 minutes.  As I am out, and almost out of these two meds, I stayed on the line.  After speaking with the pharmacist, he said one of my medications, hydroxychloroquine was in short supply, and they were only filling it for two diagnoses.  He asked what I was receiving it for, I told him lupus, and he said that was one of the approved diagnoses, the other being the coronavirus.  He explained instead of receiving a 3 month supply, I could only get 2 weeks at a time, so I asked him to go ahead and put it through for refill and I would pick it up.

So this morning, I made my way up to the pharmacy.  I have to said Kaiser is taking very strict precautions.  People were stopped at the door and asked if they had any symptoms.  If not, they got a sticker that said they were thriving, and you got in the door.  I went to the pharmacy, and all the sofas in there were marked every other one "DO NOT SIT", keeping a 6' distance from others.  Then when you get up in line to speak to a counter person, they have tape on the floor so you can't step over the tape to talk to them.  Anyway, thankfully, after all of that I was able to get my 2 weeks of medication!

The past week I have been working on the Ella Maria Deacon blocks for March.  The star gave me a fit.  This is the third version, which was EPP'd.



These are the blocks for January, February and March, which was my goal #2 on my 2020 Finish Along, Quarter 1.  



I've been busy working on my Frolic Mystery quilt too.  That is one of my goals I am trying to finish up before the end of the month. 

With this social distancing, I haven't seen my grandchildren for at least three weeks.  My daughter sent me a picture of granddaughter Klara wearing a hat I crocheted for her several years ago. 




Bird Brain Designs who has lovely embroidery designs, sent this free stitchery the other day, Stitcher Strong-Love to Stitch-Love to Quilt.   I love her designs, and have done quite a few of them.  The link is below.  You might want to sign up for her newsletter so you can see new designs when they come up.



https://www.birdbraindesigns.net/stitcher-strong-mini-hand-embroidery-download

Stay safe-  Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. WOW--amazing restrictions--but a good thing, i think. Glad you got your med...
    Your quilt blocks are lovely
    Stay safe waving from afar Julierose;)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are looking lovely. I printed off my patterns again this time at actual. I have not yet started any of them but getting close. I am trying to decide if I will pre-wash the fabrics and if I will machine applique. I almost decided to not do the star block since I only plan on making 50, not all 85. The girl grandchildren were here for a week and have gone to mom's now. this joint custody thing has not been addressed here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely smile your granddaughter has. Know you are missing her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose it's good the pharmacy is limiting the medication you need so everyone can have some, but it will be hard for you if they run out. Which I hope they don't and you can get your next supply in two weeks! It's great they're being careful about distance, too. I like places like that.

    Your Ella Maria Deacon blocks are beautiful. It's sad you had so much trouble with the star block (looking at your previous post about the problems) but the final product looks great. Looks excellent! Your blocks look so good all together.

    It's hard not seeing grands. I haven't seen mine since Christmas. They live 3 1/2 hours away and one or more of them at a time has been sick since January. And now they are off school but there's this virus mess. Your granddaughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you got your needed medication. It was in our newspaper that the medication was in short supply. Mentioned that the drug was important for lupus patients among other conditions.

    ReplyDelete