Thursday, March 12, 2020

Sweet Land of Liberty Finish

On February 9, 2008 I posted here about starting the Sweet Land of Liberty Block of the month.   I finished this block.  This was designed by Cheri Payne.  I have loved this quilt from the first time I saw it.  I had the patterns for the blocks at this time.  



Somehow life got in the way, and I set the  patterns aside somewhere.  But when I looked for them, I couldn't find them.  I pretty much tore my sewing room apart.  May 2, 2018 I posted here about not being able to find the patterns.  Around this time, on reading Humble Quilts blog, I came in on the middle of Lori proving measurements for the blocks each month.  I did a bit of this, but was the end of their stitch along.  Meanwhile I found part of my patterns that had Cheri's original instructions.

Last year Lori offered to have a stitch along again on the Quilts by Cheri Friendship Group, and I was determined this time to work on this quilt.  She was referring us back to her original monthly instructions from her blog in 2018.    I kept up until the last two months, and then came around the holidays.

For my 2020 Finish-A-Long, Quarter 1 goals, I hoped to finish this quilt top. 

This is also my One Monthly Goal for March which I stated here.

So here is my completed top.  I changed the bottom row from Cheri's original design which had stars and houses.  I wanted a block where I could put my initials, and the year I finished.  Outdoor and indoor shots.  Excuse my long grass, I need to mow the lawn!





March OMG link-up is open!


I will link up with One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts when the link-up become available.  


Thanks so much for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous finish--congratulations on making this beautiful quilt ;)))
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so beautiful, Karrin. I'm a member of Cheri's Facebook group and love the way her memory is very much being kept alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a beautiful finish! And on making our OMG for March.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the finish and making your One Monthly Goal, too. I know that was a long haul for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete