Saturday, March 07, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching, Some Finishes


I don't know how these weeks keep flying by, I know I keep myself busy, but can't believe it is already March!  Time to check in again for Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.

I have had a few finishes this week, mostly hand-finishes.  First I finished February's Ella Maria Deacon blocks.  This is offered through Sentimental Stitches.  Last week I think I had just prepped the blocks.



I also finished the block for Pieces From the Past by Melva Loves Scraps.    This will eventually be a quilt for my grandson Jaeger who will graduate next year.  This block was called the Mayflower.


I finished March's block for Cassandra's Circle called Mulberry Wreath.  This is the 2020 applique BOM by Barbara Brackman on Civil War Quilts.




I spent this afternoon getting my Slow Sunday Stitching ready.  It is the next border on the Buhl-Bushong quilt offered by the Virginia Quilt Museum.  I got this month's assignment ready, which consists of 4 flowers.  





I actually finished one of them tonight, but have 3 more to do on Sunday.  



I will be linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Be sure and pop on over and see what others are working on.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!




12 comments:

  1. You accomplished a LOT of applique! And they're all so pretty. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a lot of appliqué finished! I am impressed with your flying needle! Have a good week and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly accomplished a lot in a week!! ;))) Nice work--I love how your Virginia piece is coming along...so pretty....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful applique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness you have been busy! Love the CW block of circular flowers and you EMD blocks are stunning. I hope to get Feb done before the next batch is released.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, you have completed so many pretty applique blocks. ALL are amazing. Why, I think you are the queen of applique, Karrin. Enjoy your Sunday stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many pretty blocks! I love the colors of your Ella Marie Deacon project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been busy. They are all so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Ella Maria blocks. I am only doing the pieced ones, probably, because of time, but they are wonderful blocks. I like your wreath for the Brackman blocks, too, and of course the Buhl Bushong are wonderful blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always a delight to see what you are working on or have finished. I have fabric and a sail boat pattern for a future project. A diffeerent design than the one you made.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you have been really busy, Karrin! You've accomplished so much in a week's time.
    Your Ella Maria Deacon blocks are amazing. There is so much fine detail in each of them. The upper left block with the appliqued flowers is impressive, that you were able to find fabric for the flowers and then arrange and stitch it so perfectly. Wow! I can see how and why the time flies for you, Karrin. You must be busy every minute and who can notice the time when busy?

    ReplyDelete