Saturday, May 02, 2020

Hands 2 Help Comfort Quilt Challenge





I've finished a couple of the quilts I am going to donate for the Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge coordinated by Sarah @Confessions of a Fabric Addict.     I have the first 3 quilted.  These are going to the Little Lambs Foundation, who provide a backpack with comfort and hygiene items for children being placed in foster care.   They asked for baby sized quilts.





These were all made from scraps from granddaughter Kyleigh's graduation quilt which used a Laurel Burch line called Jungle Songs.  Believe it or not, I still have scraps left!  That oddball first one, uses blocks leftover from Kyleigh's quilt too.



I moved on and have another top made, this is from a long ago (1997-1998) Folk Art block swap coordinated by Susan Nixon @ Desertsky Quilting!     I used 12 of those blocks, and then surrounded them by Maverick Stars,  one of Bonnie Hunter's free patterns which I was making as leader-enders.  I had just enough to border this one.  This quilt will go to Quilty Hugs for Happy Chemo for patients undergoing chemotherapy.



I have more orphan blocks, and swap blocks I hope to get made into quilts before this drive is over.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment