Saturday, May 16, 2020

HQAL, Slow Sunday Stitching

The past 3 weeks has not found me working on the Buhl-Bushong quilt at all.    I have been quite busy with comfort quilts for the Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge coordinated by Confessions of a Fabric Addict.   

In the evenings I have been working on my project for the Stitching Sunshine Blog Hop hosted by Carla @ Creatin in the Sticks.   I can't share that project right now.  My day is June 22nd.  Hopefully I will have my project done by then.  Not sure if I will have time to quilt it, but I will at least have the top done.

What I can show is my Kathy Schmitz One Stitch Club embroidery for the month of May.  I really didn't like that shade of variegated red I used to outline the heart, but decided not to pick it out.  I'm using another shade of red for the letters.  I think it will be all right.



The other project I will be working on by hand for the next few weeks is the Boho Bag I'm making for a friend of granddaughter Kyleigh who is graduating.  

I haven't started it yet, and I need to get a move on because it is my One Monthly Goal!

I did get fabrics out and on my cutting table.



Also my friend Cathy Kizerian of Cathy's Crazy by Design kindly send me a care package of crazy quilting fabrics and trims after I explained I didn't have much purple in my CQ fabrics and trims.  I actually met Cathy many years ago on a Crazy Quilting list and we were in many round robins together.  


So this will keep me busy for while.  I wanted to share a bit of my world.  My hydrangeas are about ready to spring into color.  They will be pink when they turn.  I have never had this many blossoms on the two bushes!  Maybe tomorrow they will turn!  Of course I had to mow the lawn and weed the garden by the foxgloves before I took my picture.  



The Hand Quilt Along links are below.   Welcome to Sherrie for joining our group.  Head on over and see what everyone has been up to!

Hand Quilt Along Links

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.


I will also be linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Head over there too for more eye candy!  

I really appreciate both of these groups for the weekly and every three week motivation!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have loads of projects on the go! I really like the heart. Such a pretty pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your red work you are working on ... such a positive statement to ponder on as you stitch those nice stitches :)
    It is nice to see our HQAL group growing so much!
    Have a blessed week ahead... look forward to see what you have accomplished in 3 more weeks :)
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embroidery is very pretty. I like the two different reds together. Your garden is pretty. My hydrangeas haven't reached the blossom point yet. The leaves are growing though. I look forward to seeing what those fabrics and trims turn into.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a sweet stitchery you're working on! It's always nice to have something like that ready to go. Your yard looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the red and the sentiment! You are busy with all your projects. Hydrangeas are one of my favourite shrubs, yours are a long way a head of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the red of the heart, it's a lovely design too. I'm hoping my hydrangea will realise it's meant to flower this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you have a great project in the works for the graduation gift. The heart in the red looks lovely along with the gorgeous hydrangea. One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some really cool projects in the works there Karrin, we will look forward to a Bushong update in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the muddly mess of gorgeous trims and fabrics you were gifted. I love the sound of a boho bag and as for your little heart stitchery, I think the variegated red thread adds lovely interest. LOVE too, your hydrangea bushes. I am a little pea green down here as mine are beginning to fade away. Enjoy your stitching, your garden and all that lovely summery weather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your red floss will be just fine. Instead of picking, you can make more progress! You have many nice projects going. Love hydrangea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My, your a busy lady!😊 ❤️.... I love hydrangeas,. I have a white one blooming ,I think it’s an annabelle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a lovely yard and a lovely piece of embroidery. The red outline color looks great in the photo by my standards.

    I will be anxious to see your crazy quilt. I LOVE them. The embellishing on them are so fun to study. You will certainly love all the goodies in the care package your friend sent you for that project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The BoHo bag looks like a lot of fun to stitch. Enjoy your hand stitching over the long holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, I’m *only* two weeks behind in reading blogs! LOL. Now I can’t wait to catch up and see if you will make your May OMG deadline this month! I’m done with mine, but the trick is remembering to post and link up, right? (Hehe, I know you relate to that!). xo

    ReplyDelete