Saturday, June 06, 2020

HQAL, Slow Sunday Stitching

My week got off to a great start, I met up with Bernie Kringel @ Needle and Foot to hand off to her the Mercyful Quilt I made during Hands2Help.  We met at a local Starbucks, keeping a social distance of course, but it was so much fun to visit. 

Bernie had someone take a picture while she got a better one outside than I did.  Brought joy to my week getting out of the house!



Time to check in with Hand Quilt Along and Slow Sunday Stitching.  I continue to work on my Stitching Sunshine project and can't show that.

I didn't get too far on the embroidery last week, I think I am at the same place I was.   This was an iron-on by Stitcher's Revolution. 


But today I prepped one of the Ella Maria Duncan blocks, and am ready to applique it down.  I dreaded doing it, and it was not a problem at all.  I still have 2 more blocks to get done so I can be ready for the June blocks coming out shortly.




Another of my favorite plants is back.  This is a trumpet vine, which I have maintained more like a bush.  The hummingbirds and bees love the orange flowers.  It just got the flowers out this week.  




The hydrangeas are hanging in there, even despite our 102-103 degree weather this week.  

Check out the Hand Quilt Along links below and see what everyone has been up to.  

I will also be linking up to Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching, another good place for weekly motivation.  

Hand Quilt Along Links

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.



17 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Love your Dresden Plate..so pretty...your stitching is really
    cute..your flowers are beautiful...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dresden is just lovely! Beautiful flowers you have to see in your yard and so nice to visit with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that photo on Bernie's post this week and wondered if that was you! Beautiful quilt for Mercyful Quilts. Love that Ella Marie block, and your hydrangeas are really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo of your donation quilt "in the wild"! Thanks for donating such a beautiful piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with your Dresden plate, Karrin! I'm sure you really enjoyed meeting up with Bernie and handing off that beautiful quilt. :) Your flowers are still beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice to get out and meet a quilt friend even if with social distancing. It’s a beautiful quilt. The red fabric in the dresden plate is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That block is gorgeous, love the colours! And your hydrangeas looks great full of colour still despite the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many lovely projects! Great to be able to donate a quilt. Beautiful kitchen towel and dresden are also very nice! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I love that... if you want breakfast... saying!😁 what’s more lovely that flowers and quilts in post!😍

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is lovely to see your smiling face while out with your quilting friend. How wonderful you are now able to be out and about. The quilt you donated is lovely and as for your dresden, it is perfect....love the colour. Your hydrangeas are beautiful...so pretty with the variance in the shades. Your trumpet vine/bush must smell divine. Sweet that the hummingbirds and bees love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blue and red block is lovely. Such a nice pattern

    ReplyDelete
  12. The patriotic star quilt is a good one. I like the setting and the variety of size and pattern stars. And love the stitchery. Oh how true!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How nice you were able to get out and spend time with another quilter!
    I love your embroidery block and your red and blue for the EMD quilt is lovely.
    Gosh, you've had really hot weather! I'm so grateful for air conditioning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there! It was so nice for me to get out too! We will do it again soon. Have a great evening Karrin. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful quilt and lovely that you got to catch up with another quilter... love your dresden too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. How nice to see you Karrin. And I understand how great it is to get out of the house. Beautiful quilts and blocks...love that dresden too. And of course, I always love to see embroidery. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun to meet Bernie! Of course, it would be fun to meet YOU, too, after all these years. BTW, I have a top like yours, LOL. And I’ve been covering those embroidery blocks too (I think you posted a link once). I’ve started back doing some embroidery now that carpal tunnel isn’t an issue, and those blocks may be my next purchase. xo

    ReplyDelete