Tuesday, June 02, 2020

One Monthly Goal-June



It's time to link up your One Monthly Goal for June over at Elm Street Quilts.   I truly appreciate this monthly motivation.

This month, mine will be another biggie for me.   My goal for June is to finish this quilt for my king-sized bed to flimsy stage.  I have never made myself a bed quilt.  I started this one possibly 15-16 years ago.  I made a lighthouse wallhanging, and took some ship blocks that my online quilt group had made me for my birthday.



I had planned to make some Storm at Sea Blocks, cut them all out, but they came out wonky and I didn't like them. 


I put everything in baggies and there it has sat in a big baggie in my sewing room closet for years.  Last year I got the Accuquilt Storm at Sea Die, hoping to make better blocks.    This will be the first time I have tried it. 


Several years ago, I also bought a nautical panel with some neat looking whales  and other items I hope to incorporate.  I have more ships and stars, and other things also.


So my One Monthly Goal is to have a king-sized bed flimsy done at long last.  I will be linking up with One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts.  





3 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks like such a fun project, Karrin! I love nautical-themed anything, which perhaps comes from growing up in Southern California. I can’t wat to see how you bring it all together, so be sure to post in-progress shots during the month. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew many creative options you have for your quilt! It will be fun to see how it turns out. I'll be watching to see how the storm at sea die works for you. I have a storm at sea kit in my kit bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete