Saturday, June 27, 2020

What I've Been Up To

I've been trying to finish up a number of items this week.  The second quarter of the 2020 Finish-A:Long is coming to an end, and I've been trying to finish up items on my list, and also a few that aren't.

Last year in the Facebook Group Quilts by Cheri Friendship Group we had a stitch along, and I stitched this piece.  I decided to make it into a patriotic cushion. 


This week, I also stitched up this piece.  I plan to make it into a cushion cover for one daughter, and plan to stitch another one for the other daughter.   I've been making them a different cover for each season.   This was one of the stitcheries last year on the Kathy Schmitz One Stitch at a Time embroidery group. 



This week I also got caught up on the Joy McDonald Scrappy Mystery @ Days Filled with Joy  I still need to sew my blocks together. 



I also caught up on the latest Pieces From the Past block from Melva Loves Scraps,  This block is called Friendship Quilt.  When this one is eventually finished in 2021, it will be grandson Jaeger's graduation quilt.  The blocks in this quilt were all originally published in the Kansas City Star, and Melva got permission from C&T Publishing for her to scan and share them with us.



Also this week, I got this month's Ella Maria Deacon blocks done, offered through Sentimental Stitches.  

This block gave me fits.  The first one I made wouldn't lie flat.  It looked more like a hat.  I pressed the seams open, but it was just too curved.  Thankfully the second one worked out better. 



These are all 4 blocks for this month.




That's it for now.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Karrin, your stitching fingers have been busy! Beautiful blocks all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're blocks for everything are so pretty. I made more progress on my Joy blocks, got all the HSTs sewn on strips, but you are way ahead of me, and no one is shocked by that. =)

    ReplyDelete