Thursday, June 18, 2020

What I've Been Up To, Great Mail Days!

I'm still working on my project for the Stitching Sunshine Blog Hop, but I do have a few things to show that I have been also working on.

First up, I got May's block for Cassandra's Circle BOM, the 2020 applique BOM by Barbara Brackman @Civil War Quilts.  I have been trying to keep my blocks mostly to blues, so I chose a brownish print for the stems and leaves, so the blue is what stands out.    This block was called Russian Sunflower. 



Joy @ Days Filled with Joy is having a scrappy mystery right now.  The steps are coming out on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and I am caught up until the next step.  It's using up a lot of my 2-1/2 inch squares, and I am thrilled! 



I have also had a couple of fun mail days.   First, I received a gift from Sarah @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict for my participation in the Hands2Help Confort Quilt Challenge.  My surprise was a little pouch containing two charm packages of Moda Fabrics, and I love them.  Thanks so much to Sarah and all she does! 



My second surprise in the mail came from my friend Moira @  The Quilted Snail.  She knows how I love nautical fabric and she sent me a package with some FQs, and they are lovely.  Many thanks again Moira you made my day!



My neighbor has an apricot tree right on the other side of my fence.  I was wondering who kept eating apricots and dropping the skins on my side of the fence.  I caught the culprit red-handed.  This guy sits on the fence and munches away and then drops the skin and seeds in my garden!




Hope you  are all having a great week.  It is hot, hot, hot here ( upper 90's) and  I need to get my gardening done early in the mornings.  I was trying to repot some plants this afternoon and by the time I came inside I had sweat pouring off me.   Hopefully tomorrow I can get an earlier start !


3 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun mystery QAL! And I love your new nautical fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had some of that hot weather last week, but it got down right cold this weekend, with lows in the 40's two nights. All these scrappy mysteries have caught my attention, but my squares are mostly the 2 inch variety, so I'm holding off. I need to FMQ this week anyway! I love your blue blocks, so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little squirrel thief - litter bug! Maybe you'll get an apricot tree on your side of the fence! Love the blue Cassandra block.

    ReplyDelete