Saturday, June 13, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching, What I've Been Up to

I've had a pretty productive week this week.  The beginning of the week my daughter Kristen called and told me of a plant sale in a nearby town she had heard about on Facebook.  We made a trip there after Kristen got off work, and I found about 5 plants.  Then Wednesday, grandson Keaton came over and helped me with lawn, and to taking recycling in after 6 months!  So glad to get those out of here.  He also happened to help Papa be able to use the new add-on to his computer game!  

I was able to get the next block from Pieces From the Past the new sewalong @ Melva's Got Scraps.  This block was called Modern Broken Dishes.  The blocks from this sewalong were originally published in the Kansas City Star and Melva got permission for us to use these.  First I made the block wrong, by misreading the directions.  


This new blogger is driving me nuts!  I can't right justify this now all of a sudden.  Anyway I remade the block the right way this time.  




I also made a block for a private BOM I am in.  This one is Christmas themed.  


Joy @ Days Filled with Joy is having a Scrappy Mystery Quilt-A-Long, and I got the first two parts done, making 9-patches, and HSTS.  


I was also able to finish up my Ella Maria Deacon  blocks for last month.  



What I will be working on for Slow Sunday Stitching will be the next Cassandra's Circle Block, it is all prepped and ready to go. 



Last week, I also finished my Stitcher's Revolution dish towel.


I've got the next one prepped and ready to stitch.

 


I will be linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching @ Kathy's Quilts.  Head on over and check out what everyone has been up to!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. WOW!! You were really productive! I liked the block both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are so productive! And fast with that embroidery!
    Aren't these great patterns?!? I've been working on one of them only on Sundays and it's taking me forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karrin... sew many fun projects you have going on my friend! I love all your activity and especially those bacon and eggs!!! yummmy even if I do have to sleep in the kitchen LOL!
    Have a great day starting on your next embroidery or whatever you do to fill your day :)
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really did get a lot done this week! The modern Broken Dishes block is a neat one - glad you were able to figure out how it should go together. How nice to have your grandson come over and be so helpful, too! They are the best when it comes to figuring out computer stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, you are keeping so many projects moving along at once! I really like that first 'oops' set of blocks. They would make a beautiful quilt. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both set of blocks are lovely, I wouldn't have known they were oops blocks if you had not told us. You have a lot going on and are making great progess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Modern Broken Dishes block has more interest with the nine patches on point but now you have ended up with two blocks. Both good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been very busy! I love the Christmas block and the Modern Broken Dishes. Your embroidery is beautiful. I think that Chocolate one would be detrimental to my diet. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, you have done a LOT!! I am inspired :) Thanks for joining in on my mystery quiltalong! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness me Karrin you are always busy with lots of lovely projects on the go! I like the sentiment on your latest embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, you have oodles of delightful stitching on the go. You certainly have achieved a lot this week. How wonderful you are out and about again and able to enjoy the company of your family. Visiting a nursery and taking home plants always adds many a smile to the day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you are staying current with everything, Karrin. Kudos to you! Lots of beautiful things you are making.

    ReplyDelete