Saturday, June 26, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching

Both my girls came over last week for Father's Day and we went out to Lucille's Barbecue that night for dinner.  There was a two hour wait, which was OK when you are with those you love.   It was a bittersweet day, being the first I have spent without John.  My girls and I took a selfie that afternoon.  


Our temperatures are back up in the 100's this weekend.  We did get a bit of cooler temps earlier in the week, in the high 80's and low 90's, which made it somewhat easier for the poor  house painter who is painting my house.  

I can't say I got a lot finished this week, just odds and ends.  I am cutting out some more of the lighthouse blocks for my brother and sister-in-law's lighthouse quilt.  

I did finish up this Kathy Schmitz piece I was working on last week.  


I also found out what I had done with my previous stitchery, and my in progress washcloth knitting.  This is supposed to be a whale.  I had to rip some rows out because I forgot where I was at.  I think I am on the right track now.




I had a wonderful surprise come in the mail this week.  I had visited the Faith, Trust and Breast Cancer Blog a couple of weeks ago, and remarked on what a lovely prayer shawl Patricia was  making.  She admitted it was for me, and I received it this week.



It is so soft and cuddly, thanks again Patricia, I love it!

This is the scene that confronted me when I was going out to mow the lawn this morning before it got to hot.  These two mama turkeys were out walking their 5 babies through my yard, and then decided to go back across the street to the park.  



I'll be linking up for Slow Sunday Stitching @Kathy's Quilts.  Head on over and see what everyone has been up to.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. A prayer shawl made for you, with love, so special. And Father's Days will come and go. John will always be there in your hearts, and to have daughters come to celebrate his day, filled with your smiles, that is a beautiful photo of you all together.I hope your eyes are continuing to heal, early days for my right one, I have that dark shadow on the outer edge, and am so hoping it will go in 4-6 weeks. XXX to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to know your daughters visited you last weekend and you have great time together.
    Your embroidery pieces are beautiful. Happy slow stitching the whale cloth is growing well.
    Have a wonderful week, Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture of you and the girls! I love your embroidery - I need to start on Kathy's blocks... along with a million other things. Still thinking of you and glad to see you are doing OK. Lovely shawl! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the perfect recipient of that prayer shawl, Karrin! So kind of Patricia. I'm glad your girls are so close and supportive of you, too. I love your "Love Quilting" embroidery! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to have a family dinner with your daughters, but as you say, sad without your beloved hubby. How lovely to have a shawl made with love, just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful gift for you, hugging you in prayers and lovely thoughts. It is a beautiful shawl and looks beautiful on you. A lovely photo of you with your daughters, celebrating this first Father's Day without John. Could you please send some of that warmth down to me =) Take care, lovely Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely gift... so generous!
    Great job on your stitching projects!

    ReplyDelete