Sunday, March 20, 2022

Hand Quilt Along, Slow Sunday Stitching

I can't believe another 3 weeks have flown by.  I have had a lot of activities the past three weeks.  

I finished my project for the Time in a Bottle Blog Hop that posted on Friday this week.  You can see the post here.  


I also made the gnomes in my header with socks I found at Target.

This week my grandson Jaeger has been home for college, and left Saturday evening.  We had several family dinners.  He is such a wonderful young man.  I had to get a picture before he left on Saturday, especially with my hair recently done and looking better than I can do it!


This week I have also been working on my brother and SIL's lighthouse quilt.  I finished the two weeks I was working on last week, and I also did four more.   I have laid it out on the floor so I can figure out what else I am going to do.  




I have the Accuquilt Storm at Sea die, and those will used somewhere.  I need to figure out what filler blocks I going to use too.

This week was also quilt guild meeting.  Sue, one of the members of my mini quilt group put our house blocks together last week.  Nancy, one of the other members is going to quilt it in time for our quilt show in April.  My blocks are the Victorian house, the hen coop, and the lighthouse.  


Tonight I have been watching one of favorite movies, Beaches with Bette Midler.  I love it so much, but I know the sad part is coming up.  

What I will be working on this week will be my Kathy Schmitz One Stitch at a Time project. 


I also need to work on my friend's crazy quilt purse.   I haven't worked on the bag flap since I pieced it.  


Be sure to check out the other hand quilting links below.

Hand Quilt Along Links


This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretDebNanetteSharonKarrinDaisy and Theresa


I also will be linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.    Head on over and check out what those ladies have been doing too!  

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. doesn't it seem weird when our grandchildren tower over us! I'm not that short at 5'7" but my granddaughter is 5'10" and I feel like a shrimp next to her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaeger is so tall! Glad you got lots of grandkid time while he was home from college. Love your lighthouse blocks. Maybe some sea creatures or shells, sand dollars, starfish for some blocks? Enjoy your slow stitching. Oh - your gnomes are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lighthouse blocks look fabulous and the Kathy Schmitz piece is so cute. Have a great day and happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and jaeger look similar tho he is taller! I love the hand stitching you are working on and that quilt will be awesome!
    Your hair cut turned out great too 💕
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some lovely projects underway, happy spring and happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lighthouse quilt is just going to be gorgeous, Karrin! What a lovely gift for your brother and SIL. So glad you got to spend time with your grandson this week, too. Enjoy your stitching time today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those lighthouse blocks. Storm at sea blocks will be a perfect addition to your quilt. 5e group project looks great..such a wide variety of homes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your gnomes are so cute, how lovely to have a visit from your grandson that is a lovely photo and your hair looks great. So many great project I love the lighthouse blocks. Have a peaceful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your lighthouse quilt is coming along fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great photo of you and your grandson. I love those gnomes! Your lighthouse quilt is looking wonderful I love the sailboats that you are including. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the lighthouse blocks you are working on! The houses quilt looks great to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your grandson looks a lot like you!
    What a great house block sampler... very creative!
    I think the storm at sea blocks would be great for your lighthouse sampler.
    Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those gnomes,adorable! Wonderful projects that made for delightful eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your lighthouse quilt, Karrin, it is going to be spectacular! The gnomes are adorable, vert springy. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete