Thursday, March 17, 2022

Time In a Bottle Blog Hop, My Day

 


Today is the final day, and my day of the Time in a Bottle Blog Hop, hosted by Carol @ Just Let Me Quilt.  She is one of the three ladies, including Carla @ Creatin in the Sticks and Joan @Moosestash Quilting who come up with the greatest blog hops!  Thanks so much Carol for another wonderful hop.  I have the entire schedule listed below.  

The challenge for this blog hop was to make something with an hourglass block in it.  From the very first, the lyrics of Jim Croce's Time in a Bottle kept going through my mind.  My husband and I loved Jim Croce, and John used to play some of his songs on his guitar.  

This song is still going through my mind.  

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day 'til eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you
If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day like a treasure, and then
Again, I would spend them with you
But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go through time with
If I had a box just for wishes
And dreams that had never come true
The box would be empty
Except for the memory of how they were answered by you
But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go through time with

So I decided I wanted to have a bottle, with part of the lyrics inside, and put the hourglass blocks around it.

I searched around on the internet for an SVG of a bottle, and a scroll that I could print part of the lyrics on and place inside the bottle, so I could cut them out on my Cricut.

I finally came up with this.  I wanted a darker green for the bottle, but I am trying to work from my stash, so I used what I had.  




I made some tabs up at the top so I could hang it from my FRESH hanger.  



These lyrics to the song are especially meaningful to me this year, as my husband passed away the end of April last year.  We were together 49 years, married 45, and he was the love of my life.   I'll always wish I had just one more day to spend with him.  

25 comments:

  1. Karrin, this post made me tear up. The quilt is such a beautiful tribute to your dear husband. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I were on the same page with the bottle applique for this blog hop, lol! I like that you also used hourglass blocks around your quilt. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very special project for you Karrin. Losing someone we love deeply carves a piece from our hearts, and it takes a whole lot of time to find peace. In addition to this being special for your love, it is so creative. Thanks for seeing this possibility

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karrin, I left a comment that seems to have disappeared. Perhaps it os awaiting approval. Again I love your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow, Karrin, such a meaningful post! I'm so sorry about the loss of your husband last year! How nice to have created a wall hanging that is a such a good memorial. Thanks so much for sharing this special piece! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your project! What a wonderful idea! I too lost my husband, it would have been our 45th anniversary in two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That song was huge for so many of us from that era. What a beautiful memory you have created with your bottle. I love it hung on your fresh hanger too. Thanks for inspiring and sharing with us. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that song, too, and have been singing it all week! I can see how it would be so meaningful for you, Karrin. Your wall-hanging is a great idea, and turned out beautifully! I love how you have it hanging with the little loops. Beautiful photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That song is such a treasure and I can see why it has a special meaning to you. You can see the love in both of your photos...so sweet! I love the way you created the bottle, lyrics, and included the hourglass theme into a wall hanging. Great idea! It turned out beautiful, Karrin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever project - I love it. Great idea to use the lyrics on your quilt. I am heartbroken you have lost the love of your life. I can't imagine what that is like. Bless you and thank you for sharing your pictures - the love is obvious. Your time in a bottle is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a wonderful wallhanging Karrin! Great job with this theme!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your bottle. I remember the song was popular when I was a freshman in college. Great memories of your husband. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful interpretation of the hop theme and the song! I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is indeed a special song and it's wonderful that you have captured it in your hanging. Not to mentions a great use of the hour glass blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing your project! I hope that your beautiful quilt will bring beautiful memories with it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful project, and what heartfelt sentiments. I cant imagine how hard this time must have been, but the memories are worth a lot. Thank you for sharing yourself and your creativity in this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your wall hanging. I am so sorry for your loss....even after 5 years it is tough to lose your soulmate.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful project and blog post - the words are so fitting for you.. thanks for sharing your story xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your interpretation of the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your project is so meaningful. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, what a great job you did with this challenge. I love your finished piece and how it is so meaningful. I always found that song touched me. Love the photos of you two especially your very happy young face there. Touching.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your wall hanging and your hanger, Karrin. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you have wonderful memories though. And I'm glad you had time with your grandson this weekend. They all grow up and move on way too quickly!! This song, I think, has meaning for many of us this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOve your take on this hop. YOur design is perfect from both sides of thought, the bottle and the hour glass. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful way to use the theme of the hop to share sweet memories of your husband. This one hit me as we lost a 2 year old great granddaughter the beginning of this month so that song resonates with me, too.

    ReplyDelete