Saturday, March 05, 2022

Stay at Home Round Robin, Round 6

 


I am a couple of weeks behind on the 6th and last round of the Stay At Home Round Robin which was hosted by Quilting Gail.  You can read all about it here.    Each week one of the co-hosts gave us a different prompt for the border to put on your little quilt.   The sixth round was prompted by Chris @Chrisknits and it was to make Shoo Fly Blocks.

This quilt I intend to donate to Hands2Help this year, and so it measures about 59x70.  It was a windy day yesterday when I finished it.


It was a bittersweet day yesterday when I pieced this last border.  I almost used up two fabrics that I had purchased back when I first started quilting in 1994 or so.   The red was my first quilt, a red and green applique quilt, and the blue was a Brannock/Patek Moda print I have always loved.  I have enough to cut up into scraps of both of these prints now.  




I'll be linking up at the final link-up, it was too late to link up at Chrisknits. 

Thanks for stopping by!




5 comments:

  1. Your SAHRR turned out very beautiful, Karrin and it is for a great cause. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt looks fabulous! Quite amazing that you had that red for so long. Hope to be joining the parade, too. I have done two of the prompts, so 4 to figure out whether they are making it and how.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful donation quilt your SAHRR22 will be, Karrin!! I'm not sure that I would be able to part with it. SEW generous of you to donate it through H2H22!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is beautiful! Love the fabrics. I know what you mean about bittersweet - I had that same feeling about some fabrics I used in mine. Your quilt will make someone very proud to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your SAHRR turned out so well, it's just lovely. How neat that you will be donating this through H2H!

    ReplyDelete