Sunday, March 06, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching

I had a less activities this week, so I was able to get a little more accomplished.  

First thing this week, I was able to get the guild community service quilt quilted and bound.  I am glad to have this off my plate.  


I was also able to get the Shoo Fly blocks on my Stay at Home Round Robin.  This was the last round, and it now measures about 59x70.  This will be one of my quilts I am donating to Hands2Help this year, which is being run by The Academic Quilter this year.

I also pieced the components of a crazy quilt Boho Bag for my friend Jandra.  She loves Minnie Mouse and hearts and took a picture of one of her figurines with a backdrop of some heart fabric so I printed it up on some silk fabric and incorporated it into the front flap piece.  



My next steps are to add the embellishments:  Lace, beads, buttons, charms and stitches.  This is what I will be working on for Slow Sunday Stitching.  I will be linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  Head on over and check out what everyone has been working on.  

Thanks for stopping by!



9 comments:

  1. Karrin, great that you were able to quilt and bind the guild community service quilt. Jandra's crazy boho bag is going to be fabulous. How sweet that Minnie Mouse gets a look in....so, so fun! How fun embellishing! From all those other crazy boho bags you showed us the other week, this is going to be another 'work of art'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great start to the boho bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like another busy week, Karrin. That boho bag makes me smile. The Minnie Mouse fabric is unexpected which makes it so fabulous and fun. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet bag you're making! She's going to love it! Glad you had time to finish that charity quilt, too. Those kinds of "jobs" always weigh on you, don't they? Have a wonderful Sunday, Karrin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you have had a busy week, well done on finishing the guild community service quilt it looks lovely and I love the bag how sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! What a fun boho bag! How thoughtful to add the picture! She is going to enjoy using it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A quilt quilted and bound is always a nice productive week. Hope you have a nice relaxing day stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like to get my charity sewing done before doing my own projects too. Enjoy your embellishing time today on the bag. Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Embellishments really on the fun part of a project.
    Your Stay At Home Round Robin bits are coming along nicely too.
    And such a nice finish for the guild. Hope your week is off to a great start, Karrin.

    ReplyDelete