Sunday, March 13, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching


It has been another whirlwind week for me, with a lot of driving.

Last weekend daughter Katie had an overnight with some friends of hers and she saw these insects at the friend's house.  She went looking for them in the mark down section at 3 Targets with no success.  She wanted 2 bees, a dragonfly or snail.  They are gold painted plaster figures.  I don't know why this was so important, but I volunteered to go to another 2 Targets to look.  I finally found what she wanted at the last Target, and took a picture on my dash.  


Then I drove to the other end of the county to look for bullion fringe for my friend's Boho bag.  I found one of the fringes I was looking for, but ended up ordering the beaded fringe and ribbon fringe online.  

Also this week I had my mini quilt group.  I turned in my little chicken coop block.  This is our mini group project, to make all sorts of house.  I myself  did the chicken coop, a lighthouse and Victorian house.    We are getting this put together in the next  couple of months and will either be an auction quilt for our guild, or a community service project.  

I finished the sewing of my binding on my Time in the Bottle Blog Hop project.  I'll be sharing my project on the 18th next week.  I also worked on this Kathy Schmitz One Stitch at a Time project.  


This is what I will be working on for Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.    Head on over and check out what everyone has been working on.  

I finished another Ella Maria Deacon block, and I don't see that I shared the last one I finished.  I think I have 5 blocks left to do, 3 applique and 2 paper pieced, which is not my forte.  



This week I have also been working on my brother and SIL's lighthouse quilt.  They put in a new kitchen floor for me last summer, and their payment is a king-sized lighthouse quilt.  I found this panel in my stash and this will be the center of the quilt.  The blocks I am working on were part of a block of the month I acquired many years ago, and is nowhere near a king size.  So I am  going to use these blocks, the center panel and probably some Storm at Sea blocks.  I will have to have someone else quilt this for me, as my set-up is not big enough to quilt a king sized quilt.

This is the center panel.


These are the four blocks that I had completed previously.


And the two I worked on this week .  I still need to stitch everything down.


This has made me happy this week.  This little orchid has rebloomed recently and has blooms popping out all over the place.  

Daughter Kristen and SIL Jeff invited me dinner at a burger place up the street from me on Saturday.  The conversation drifted to TV shows or movies we were watching.  Jeff mentioned that he was watching Star Trek Discovery.  I told them John liked that show.  Jeff said "I know, John watches TV with me every night".  When the girls got me John's urn for his ashes, they ordered mini urns for each of the girls, and I put some of his ashes in each of them.  Jeff said John's urn sits on the table right next to him!  

Grandson Jaeger is home from college this next week, having arrived late last night.  We have plans for a family dinner tomorrow night at our favorite Mexican restaurant.  

I found this on Facebook yesterday, and thought how wonderful it would be.



Thanks for stopping by!  



11 comments:

  1. The TV telling us all that there is peace on earth...now wouldn't that be wonderful?? Love the lighthouse blocks you have made to go with that fabulous centre panel. Your One Stitch At a Time stitchery is looking good; as are your Ella Maria Deacon blocks. This is going to be a lovely quilt when all the blocks are finished. Your orchid is looking happy and healthy. It must like living at your place, Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your lighthouse blocks--so neat...are you planning to machine or hand stitch them?
    So many tiny pieces on them...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is nice that you all share such memories of your husband - it sounds like you son in law got along well with him and memories - that is very nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lighthouse blocks look great! Wasn't Jimi Hendrix wise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great writer you are Karrin... you pulled me right into your shoes today with this post. You should consider writing a book in your "spare time".
    I love your handwork and your header turned out lovely with your fmq on it :)
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Jimi quote!
    I love your chicken house block... that will be a really interesting quilt! Enjoy your hand stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    I like your Chicken Coop...so cute. Your embroidery is nice.
    I also like your Seaside quilt. Can't wait to see it
    finished. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lighthouse quilt really sounds cool. I love the panel, and it’s wonderful to be able use some of those beautiful blocks that have been sitting waiting for the perfect project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the 2 EMD blocks. Your chicken coop is adorable and your embroidery is very pretty. I can't imagine wanting any kind of bug item. That is just me. I like your start on the lighthouse quilt. It is going to be very pretty. I had to copy your Peace on Earth meme so I can post it on my Facebook page. Oh how I wish that were true. I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lighthouse panel looks perfect to go with your blocks for your brother and SIL's lighthouse quilt. The chicken coop block is cool and I love seeing your progress on that beautiful embroidery.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thise lighthouse blocks look great, and will go together beautifully with that lovely panel. This quilt certainly in a big undertaking for you.

    ReplyDelete