Saturday, February 18, 2023

Hand Quilt Along, Slow Sunday Stitching,

It's been a busy two weeks.  I wanted to get my mermaid challenge quilt done by Wednesday two weeks ago, as we were leaving on Thursday for  New Mexico with daughter Kristen and granddaughter Kyleigh.  We went to see grandson Jaeger's La Crosse game at University of New Mexico that was to take place on Sunday.  We arrived Thursday evening and had dinner.  Jaeger needed to study for the next day.   Friday, Jaeger had class and met us for lunch.  Saturday Jaeger took us to 3 quilt stores and I purchased fabric for what will eventually be his graduation quilt.  I did get a few pieces for myself including the mermaid piece on top.  


Later that afternoon we went up to Sandia Peak Tramway.  Temperature wasn't too bad going up.  We had dinner at the Ten3 restaurant at the top, and by time we came back down at 8 p.m we were freezing our butts off.  






The views were gorgeous and stars we don't usually see around here.  

Sunday was the LaCrosse game.  They played a team from Colorado.  Jaeger's team is newly formed this year, but they did great.  Jaeger ended up getting 4 goals in the last quarter. 



We ended up leaving Albuquerque at 8 p.m. and ended up getting back home around midnight or so.  Monday I was sort of wiped out.  

Tuesday I wanted to make a couple of name tags for quilt guild the next day.  It is something I have been thinking about for some time, and finally got a chance to work on them.  



Wednesday morning was guild meeting.  It was also our yearly challenge.  The challenge this year was "What Makes Your Heart Sing".  There were 6 entries.  I ended up coming in third place and won $50!    



Right after the guild meeting we had a quilter's garage sale.  We could rent a table for $10 and set ourselves up to sell unwanted books/fabric, etc.  I shared a table with another member.  I ended up selling a few items, and bought more than I sold.  I spent my prize money for sure.  My fellow tablemate had some great fabric and reasonable prices.  

What I will be working on this week for slow stitching is this Valentine's stitchery project.  I had intended it to be part of my Sew Sweet On You projects, but didn't get it finished.  It is from Bird Brain Designs.  


Check out what everyone in the hand quilt along has been working on.  

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretDebNanette, SharonKarrinDaisyConnie, and  Cathie 


I'll be linking up with Kathy's Quilt for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Check out what these bloggers are working on.  


Tomorrow is the start of the Sew Sweet On You Sew It-Show-Blog Hop.  


Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Your trip away sounds fantastic, Karrin. The stars at night are amazing in the country where there are no city lights. I see a pretty mermaid fabric in your pile of fabric that you purchased. Well done for your prize. I think your mermaid collage is amazing. I can see why this gorgeous makes your heart sing♡ Those embroidered quilt labels are amazing...very detailed....very pretty. I smiled when you say your bought more than what you sold at the quilter's garage sale.....isn't that always the way??!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous view from Sandia Peak Tramway, What a nice trip to New Mexico. I know you enjoyed every minute. Congrats for the 3rd place, your quilt is really a dream. Valentine's embroidery project is lovely. Have a nice week, Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy. It looks like you had a great time in New Mexico. I like that Jaeger helped pick out the fabrics for his quilt. Congrats on the challenge win. The mermaid quilt is very pretty. I like your slow stitching project. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is always nice going up those mountains but so much colder than you realize it will be at times isn't it. Glad you had a lovely family time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, gorgeous views! Congrats on your win. I love your piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:11 AM

    More fun adventures with your family! Lovely Valentines embroidery and congrats on winning a prize in your guild challenge! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful time away. Your Valentine stitching is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the win and well deserved! and you deserve to spend the prize money why not. All your projects are lovely I love the Valentine's stitchery and those name tags are perfect. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an action packed time! That sounds like typical Albuquerque weather, and the stars, oh my gosh. Not as clear as when I first visited there in the 60s, but still better than most places! I guess the valley doesn't trap smog because there's an open side. It sounds like you had a great time, and Jaeger really knows his grandma! =) The mermaid name tag is so you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice trip you had. The views from Sandia Peak really are breath-taking, aren't they. Sounds like Jaeger did great! Congratulations on your $50 win!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you all had a great trip. Albuquerque has the best Mexican food!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, you've trained Jaeger well. Great projects. =)

    ReplyDelete