Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Wednesday Wait Loss 315

 


My big accomplishment last week was to finish my guild's challenge quilt.   The theme this year was "What Makes My Heart Sing".

What makes my heart sing is the ocean, and mermaids, whales, anything to do with the sea or nautical.  

The pattern was my own personal pattern, but I did a collage ala Laura Heine.  A friend's husband is a graphic designer and I asked if he would draw me a mermaid.  It has been 5-6 years since he did it, and I was happy I finally able to make this quilt.  

Our guild meeting was today and I won third place.


The back is a Save the Ocean Print, I don't have the selvages anymore though,  


I'll be linking up at Wednesday Wait Loss.  

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the win, and on showing this beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and lovely stitching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mermaid is really lovely, Karrin! I love the quilting you did to accentuate her hair and tail. I have some of your border print in my stash, too - it's so pretty! Do you have a special place to hang her up in your house?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:58 PM

    It's really such a beautiful piece and a win too :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You did such an awesome job. Love the prints you used to create the tail. So pretty! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! Should've been first place!!! So detailed and beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:53 AM

    Way to go and congratulations. Pretty Mermaid!

    ReplyDelete