Tuesday, February 14, 2023

ScrapHappy Day

This is my first month joining ScrapHappy Day.  I started a totally scrappy quilt last month, with scraps taken out of my my scrap barrels.  It is Winter Blues by Bonnie Hunter.  I am making it for a friend's daughter wedding gift in September.    This is how far I have gotten so far.


If your scrap collection is out of control and you’d like to turn it into something beautiful or useful instead of leaving it to collect dust in the cupboard, why not join us on the 15th of each month? Either e-mail Kate at the address on her Contact Me page, or leave a comment on her Scrap Happy Post. You can also contact Gun via her blog to join. We welcome new members. You don’t have to worry about making a long-term commitment or even join in every month. Regular contributors receive an email reminder at least three days before the event.

Check out what the other members are making with their scraps this month.

KateGun, EvaSue, Lynda,
Birthe, Turid, Susan, Cathy,  Tracy, 
Jill, JanMoira, SandraChrisAlys,
ClaireJeanJon, DawnJuleGwen,
Sunny, Kjerstin, Sue LVera, Edith
NanetteAnn, Dawn 2, Carol,
Preeti, DebbieroseNóilinViv and Karrin (me)

Thanks for stopping by!  

7 comments:

  1. I dearly love a blue and white quilt, so it'll be fun to see this one progress. Welcome to the group, and I hope you'll continue to join us on ScrapHappy Day whenever you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the group, Karrin! This might be one of my favorites of your quilts, and I've seen a lot of them over the years. The fact that it's blue doesn't hurt. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome and thats an incredible scrap project

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's going to be a stunning quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I don't do any sewing, so I enjoy getting my fix through the scraphappy gang! And I might not comment every month, but that'll only be cos I'm wordpress and you are blogspot, and it's not always straightforward if I'm not on the laptop ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Winter Blues quilt is so, so pretty! Enjoy the rest of your week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first time visiting your blog -- I am another ScrapHappster and you kindly visited my blog that day. I am so impressed by the wide range of projects and activities you have going on; I am very happy you joined ScrapHappy so that I was introduced to your busy blog! :)

    ReplyDelete