Sunday, February 11, 2024

HQAL, Slow Sunday Stitching

 

It has been another busy week, so much so I needed a day off on Friday from my quilt mini-group.  I woke up with a migraine I couldn't get rid of, so I stayed home.

This was the week we had our board meeting.  Most of the projects I worked on this week I can't show yet.  Several are for the It Moose Be Love Blog hop coming up in a couple of weeks.  I quilted one of those projects on my long arm.   It had a dual purpose, the blog hop, but was also a gift for my friend which I gave to her on Thursday.  Her birthday was Groundhog Day and I met up with her the next week and took her to lunch.   She happens to be the grandmother of my granddaughter Kyleigh's boyfriend.  

Last week on Slow Sunday Stitching, someone brought up that Crabapple Hill Studio was having an International Embroidery Month Stitch Along.  I have been working all week on the different hearts each day.  These are just a few.   






This week I also worked on this week's prompt for the Stay at Home Round Robin.  This week's prompt was for triangles.  My little quilt started as a baggie I picked up on our guild's free table last year.  It had finished blocks, it had flying geese, half square triangles.  So I used the pre-made flying geese for this round.  


These are what I still have left from that original baggie.  


Also this week I finished the Blessings quilt top.  This is a quilt I originally started in 1999 with a group of Yahoo Group quilters.  I finished 1/4 of the top, the top left section, and put it away in the closet with all the fabrics for 20+ years.  About eight months ago, I took it out of the closet and started embroidering the remainder 3/4 of the embroideries.  I really want to put this quilt in our quilt show coming up in May.  



We have had a week of raining weather, wind, but Saturday turned out to be clear.  I took the opportunity to get out and mow my back lawn.  Looks like we will be clear until next weekend, and I still have a lot of work to go.  My brick patio and path down the side of the house have moss, which I like, but they have also sprouted tall weeds with all our rain.   I also have flower beds that need sorted out.

What I will be doing for Slow Sunday Stitching is working on my Woven Wreaths, the Kathy Schmitz stitch along.  



I'll be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Head on over to see what everyone has been up to.

Also every three weeks is the check-in for the Hand Quilt Along.  The links are below.  

Hand Quilt Along Links


This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretDebNanette, SharonKarrinDaisy, and Connie


Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. love that red piece you show last

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the hearts in the embroidery month stitch along. Very pretty as is your redwork,

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been staying very busy. Love all of the embroidery that you are enjoying. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That baggie you picked up off the guild table has turned out to be perfect for the SAHRR! I love your Crabapple Hill hearts and the Woven Wreaths in red, too. So many fun things to work on! Enjoy your stitching today, Karrin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many lovely projects I love the hearts, sorry you had a migraine I think we over stretch ourselves and sometimes it's nice just to have a break. My garden needs so much work but it will have wait until the weather here improves. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so creative Karrin! What you have done with that baggie of block is just wonderful; you have such a great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After 20 years being stashed away Blessings will love being finished and displayed in all her glory at the quilt show. She is beautiful! Now for the quilting. =) Your little embroidered hearts are sweet. I'm sorry you were struck down with a migraine. It sounds as if a quiet day at home was just what the doctor would've ordered. Take care, lovely Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon4:24 PM

    So many great projects. I think the wreaths in red is a favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some lovely projects going, and I just remembered I have to stitch my Woven Wreaths for February.

    ReplyDelete