Sunday, February 18, 2024

It Moose Be Love Blog Hop Challenge Starts Today

 


Welcome to the It Moose Be Love Blog Hop Challenge which starts today,  and also happens to be my day,  hosted by the fabulous Joan @Moosestash Quilting.    Many thanks to Joan for another wonderful hop!

The challenge this time:  "It's the month of "Love".  Show us what it is you love.  Moose are optional of course, LOL!"  

I had fully intended to do something with a moose, I had a panel that I plan to make a camping quilt for my granddaughter's boyfriend Drew, who happens to love moose.   But then decided to postpone the moose camping quilt till next month, his birthday.  This is the panel.  


Instead of the moose, I decided to make a birthday gift for his grandmother, who loves Mickey and Minnie. I found this panel in Albuquerque last year when I went to see my grandson play Lacrosse at UNM.  He took me to several quilt stores while I was there.  Drew's grandmother also loves hearts, and red, and gingham.  This panel was a Thomas Kinkade panel and it looks like Mickey and Minnie are in Paris and very much in love.    

I first made some heart blocks to put in the corners, I didn't plan to do much with this quilt just something simple.  

I made this Woven Heart Quilt block that I found here free at Generations Quilt Patterns.  I really didn't like these hearts against the Mickey panel and the pink gingham that had small embroidered hearts on it.  It was hard to get a good picture as it was rainy and dreary outside and my house lighting isn't that great if the sun isn't out.  I found another pieced heart on Cluck Cluck Sew here.    I also cut out multiple hearts with my Accuquilt heart dies.



I'm due to visit my sister soon and thought I would make a little Valentine table topper as a thank you for letting us stay with her.   So I took those first heart blocks I made and put them together and quilted it for her.  



Lastly, as a guild challenge this month we are challenged to make a small wallhanging, no more than 20 inches to reflect what we love, or are passionate about.  So I created a semi-crazy quilt type piece that shows the things I love, first and foremost my family, gardening, quilting, crazy quilting,  mermaids, anything to do with the ocean, lighthouses, sailing, music, and gnomes.  I cut out a couple of motifs on my Cricut and used iron on vinyl.  





Be sure to visit the other bloggers listed below and see how they have interpreted the challenge, and leave a sweet comment.  


Monday February 19

MooseStashQuilting

Pattern Princess

Karrins Crazy World

Quilted Snail

Elizabeth Coughlin Designs

 

Tuesday February 2

A Quiltery-For the Love of Geese

Quilting Gail

Quilted Delights

Words & Stitches

VroomansQuilts

Kathy’s Kwilts and More

 

Wednesday February 21

Selena Quilts

BeaQuilter

Ms P Designs USA

Kathleen McMusing

Days Filled with Joy

Quilt Schmilt


Thursday February 22

Just Let Me Quilt

Inflorescence

High Road Quilter

Just Sew Quilter

Scrapdash


16 comments:

  1. That Micky/Minnie panel is adorable and I love the quiltie you turned it into. Perfect choice. What a great way to use those hearts up as well. I have become captivated with iron on vinyl now and am going to have to look into using it in my quilting more. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects! I like them all, but especially that last project--the guild challenge--absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are all LOVE-ly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy seeing what you make for these blog hops, Karrin! The Mickey and Minnie quilt is so sweet - what a nice gift that will make. And the woven hearts went together perfectly for the tabletopper, too. But my favorite is your guild challenge mini - it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sew many fabulous loves for the hop - the wall hanging, the woven hearts, and your guild challenge. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing all your designs. You've been busy! That Thomas Kinkade panel with those hearts is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you managed to make something beautiful when it didn't turn out how you envisioned! Love the Mickey/Mini quilt and the woven hearts project! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mickey and Minnie made a sweet quilt with the different hearts. The other hearts are so cute...hope you find a good use for them! I'm sure your sister will love that beautiful quilt. I do! As for your guild challenge...wow! That turned out so pretty and full of love. Thank you for sharing all the love inspiration, Karrin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your crazy quilt concept. Such a gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:16 AM

    LJ here. So many great projects. Congrats on doing a fabulous job. I'm especially fond of the last project made with your circuit machine. Love is definitely in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much love and great projects. I really like that moose panel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your projects are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All pretty projects. That pink hearts border is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sharon8:55 AM

    I absolutely love everything

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those projects are gorgeous! Love the pink heart block! xx

    ReplyDelete