Wednesday, February 14, 2024

ScrapHappy February

It’s again time for showing off our scrap projects!  ScrapHappy is open to anyone using up scraps of anything – no new materials. It can be a quilt block, pincushion, bag or hat, jewelry, dolls, socks or a sculpture.   Anything made of scraps is eligible.

If you'd like to join us and use up your scrap collection, instead of sitting around in bags, etc, why not join us on the 15th of each month? Either e-mail Kate at the address on her Contact Me page, or leave a comment on her Scrap Happy Post.

You can also contact Gun via her blog to join. We welcome new members, and you don’t have to worry about making a long-term commitment or even join in every month. Regular contributors receive an e-mail reminder at least three days before the event.  

I have continued to work on my potato chip blocks.  You can get the instructions here at Conquering Mt. Scrapmore with Brenda.   I worked on these again  at our 5th Wednesday in January,  Community Service workdays for my guild.  We have about 5 hours of sewing time.  I did finish a top this time, it is ready for workday at my house the end of the month when we cut the batting and binding and package it up for pin basting day.  



Another way I am using scraps, I started yesterday.  I am hoping to get this quilt done by next week when I visit a childhood neighbor.  Several years ago, Deanna @Wedding Dress Blue had a Star Kissed Quiltalong which I have made before.  It is a good use of scraps, particularly squares.  I had bunches, and bunches of 2.5 inch squares.  I am making the throw size, so I needed first to make four 25 patches, which I have done.  


My next step is to make 16 4-patches, and I am in the midst of doing that.  



Lastly, this isn't totally scraps, but I picked up a baggie of blocks and components on the free table at a guild meeting last year.  I have been working with that baggie of free parts to make my SAHRR (Stay At Home Round Robin) that is co-hosted by Gail @Quilting Gail and other co-hosts.  Each week one of the co-hosts gives a prompt of what the next round is going to be.  This is my quilt so far.  The only thing I have added is the white on this last round, everything else came out of the free baggie.  



This will be a quilt for our Community Service to be donated to a local hospital for a hospice patient.  

Check how others have been using their scraps.https://quiltinggail.com/

KateGun, EvaSue, Lynda,
Birthe, Turid, Susan, Cathy,  Tracy, 
JanMoira, SandraChrisAlys,
ClaireJeanDawnGwen,
Sunny, Kjerstin, Sue LVera, 
 Ann, Dawn 2, Carol, Preeti,
NóilinVivKarrin, Amo, Alissa,
Lynn, Tierney and Hannah

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Another really great scrappy post! I'm a great fan of 2.5" squares for all sorts of uses. And as the 'owner' of ScrapHappy, I can confirm that the white needed to complete that lovely blue and white quilt is allowed. It's always permitted to buy something to *finish* an otherwise scrappy piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the quilt Star Kissed is a quilt I have made. At least I was following Deanna at a quilt along years ago :)

    ReplyDelete