Sunday, February 04, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

Another busy week has flown by in an instant.  Last week one of our guild members who usually attends workday at my house came by for several hours.  We organized our binding bins according to color, and cut out a bunch that will be ready to go for  next workday at the end of the month.

Wednesday was 5th Wednesday where we had 27 of our guild members bring their machines and we worked for about 4-1/2 hours quilting quilts or piecing tops.  That is the most we have had since I have been co-chair of Community Service.  One of the ladies who preps a bunch of flannel children's quilt kits, gave me several boxes of scraps, and 5 inch blocks.

What I worked on was one of my potato chip blocks, from Conquering Mt. Scrapmore  with Brenda.    I actually was able to get it together.  


Thursday Cathy, my co-chair brought about 8 bags of fabric over.  Our guild inherited a bunch of fabric from a quilter who was a friend of one of our members.  She apparently has Alzheimer's and can no longer quilt.   Cathy had no further room in her garage, so I have now 5 more containers in my garage.  

My PC finally downloaded the pictures from my daughter's BD a couple of weeks ago.  This is the quilt I made her.  It was just a panel quilt that I purchased the kit on Equilter.   They offered a flower fairy panel quilt kit and Kristen loves fairies.  I also made her a new mug rug for work.





This week I also put another round on my SAHRR (Stay At Home Round Robin) co-hosted by Quilting Gail.   The prompt this week was to use two colors.  I still had some blocks from the baggie I picked up from the free table at a guild meeting, so I added those on all four sides.


I worked on two other projects this week, that I can't show yet.  Both will be in the upcoming It Moose Be Love Blog Hop, hosted by Joan @Moosestash Quilting, and one will be in my upcoming guild challenge which is to show something you love or have a passion for.  

For Slow Sunday Stitching I will be stitching the binding on this quilt I am giving to my friend next week for her birthday.  


I'll be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Head on over and check what everyone has been working on.  

We have had some rain this past week, and are due to have heavy rain Sunday and Monday.  We have flood warnings for those 2 days.  Friday afternoon I looked outside when it sounded like it was raining pretty heavy, but it was hail and it was 51 degrees outside!



Thanks for stopping by!  


4 comments:

  1. That is a fun quilt for your daughter! She is so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts. I just love your round robin! Hope the rain storm does not cause too much trouble for you and your home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be fun to go through all those donated fabrics and see what's there. I imagine you happen across some lovely fabrics. Your SAHRR is beautiful! Wonderful photos of Kristen's birthday celebration. The quilt you gifted her is lovely. That panel is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon4:37 AM

    Another busy week with so much fun stuff going on. The birthday quilt turned out fabulous! Loved seeing all the pics too. Hope you did ok with all the rain - there has been a lot on the news about it. Here's to another productive quilting week :)

    ReplyDelete