Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Give It a Whirl Blog Hop, My Day

 



The Give It a Whirl Blog Hop started Monday hosted by the amazing Carol @Just Let Me Quilt.   Many thanks to Carol for letting me participate in another fun challenge!  Today I get to share what I made.  

The Challenge:    Somewhere in or on your project you must include a "whirl".   This can be a pinwheel, Dresden, or anything that looks like it's spinning.   Maybe a merry-go-round or Ferris wheel in the fabric?

Last year I made my granddaughter's boyfriend Drew a Moose quilt for is graduation from nursing school.  He loves moose, and was very thrilled with this quilt.  


Last summer granddaughter Kyleigh and Drew were going camping.   She had her car packed with camping gear, and as he was coming later, she asked him to bring a blanket and pillows.  He brought his moose quilt, and Kyleigh told him "you don't bring a quilt camping".  Drew responded that Gramma Karrin made it for him.  

Drew's birthday happens to be today, my day for the hop.  I had gotten a moose panel, and some camping/hiking type flannel to make him a camping quilt.   When I was searching through ideas for the Give It a Whirl Blog Hop, I came across this River Whirls By Connie Kresin.   

I cut my whirls out wrong, so I didn't have was not able to have them all going the same way, and didn't have enough of the green fabric to cut out more.


I labeled this as Drew's Camping Quilt, just so he knows.   I had some moose, bear and tree motifs from the quilt last year cut out on my Accuquilt, so I added those too.





Be sure and visit the other bloggers participating in this hop.  

MARCH 18

 

Just Let Me Quilt

Quilted Snail

Pattern Princess

Days Filled With Joy

Quilted Delights

A Quiltery

Bumbleberry Stitches

MARCH 19

 

Selina Quilts

Inflorescence

Words & Stitches

Quilting Between The Rails

Sew Many Yarns

Vroomans Quilts

 

MARCH 20

 

Quilting Gail

Just Sew Quilter

Karrin’s Crazy World

Scrapdash

Time 4 Stitchn

 

MARCH 21

MooseStashQuilting

Ms P Designs USA

Songbird Designs

Beaquilter

High Road Quilter

Kathy's Kwilts and More

Homespun Hannah's Blog


Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

  1. Your whirls are great! Perfect camping quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty moose quilts. The whirls look really good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ylou must certainly be a most favourite Gramma Karrin. Yours is such a loving creation, and it's a fun looking "camping quilt" too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He will be thrilled with his camping quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you know you had me at first look! Your moose quilts are both fabulous! Be still my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drew definitely knows how to use a quilt and your camping story made me smile. Both quilts are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are an awesome grandma to make him those sweet moose quilts. They look beautiful! I'm sure he loved them. I have cut out things wrong and suffered that same fate of not having more fabric. You managed to make it work...yay! Thanks for sharing, Karrin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:24 AM

    Oh I love them both but the camping one is really cool- love your 'different' whirls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both of your quilts but the camping one is really intriguing- I love the 'different' whirls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both Drew's quilts and I love that he took his quilt camping. I always take my favourite quilt camping.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both quilts are beautiful. Don't you just love how much he loves his quilt? I love it when they show how much it means to them because who made it. A treasure to be loved through the years.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Drew is a lucky guy to have not just one, but two beautiful quilts from Gramma Karrin! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet Drew loved his new quilt! The moose panel is a neat one, and your whirls make me think of gathering firewood for the campfire. Fun finish, Karrin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Drew just might start expecting a quilt every year. lol Love his quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your quilts!! They are both just beautiful - and yes, will it become a yearly thing?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful that Gramma Karrin gets to make another beautiful Moose quilt for lucky Drew! Loved the story and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cutting error ended up being a cool design! Great quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great camping quilt, Karrin! I know Drew will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love Drew's camping quilt!

    ReplyDelete