Sunday, March 17, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

 


                                                       Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I don't know that I will have a typical St. Patrick's Dinner tonight, but I might be able to go get some corned beef from the deli and have a sandwich.  

It's been another busy week, with community service quilt pin basting day, and Katie and I worked at the plant sale on Saturday in the Begonia booth.  I bought a few new plants, and a Cymbidium orchid at another booth.

One of the highlights of my week was getting my Ella Maria Deacon quilt back from the long arm quilter.  I had requested custom quilting and Leisha outdid herself.  I spent several days just looking at the beautiful quilting.  I need to get the binding on this one for our May quilt show.  I showed it to one of the quilt show organizers and she said they needed to set up a rack so both sides could be seen at the show.





This week I also finished another quilt binding for the quilt show.  This is my Blessings Quilt.  One-fourth of this was started in 1999 and then put in a bag for over 20 years with the fabrics.  I pulled it out of the closet last year and started finishing up the embroidery and making the pieced blocks.  


I also finished up 3 more blocks for granddaughter Klara's wall hanging.  I got one of the sloth blocks done before her birthday, then my embroidery machine needed to go into shop for some problems.  I plan to get this together and give it to her for her Easter.  I cut the sloths out with the die from Accuquilt, and cut the words out with iron on vinyl from my Cricut machine.  I asked granddaughter Klara if there were some words she wanted me to put on this, and she suggested "Its temporary".


For Slow Sunday Stitching this week, I will be working on the binding for my Ella Maria Deacon quilt.   I will be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Head on over and see what everyone has been working on.

Thanks for stopping by!  

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:28 AM

    Your quilt is awesome - front and back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smiled at your granddaughter's words "it's temporary"...perfect! Oh my, your Ella Maria Deacon quilt takes my breath away. What an amazing quilt! Each block is beautiful....and the quilting...sublime! What a treasure this quilt is. Blessings is such a pretty quilt. It must feel quite an achievement to have this finished after starting it so long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your EMD quilt is gorgeous, Karrin! I can see why you would want to keep looking at it. Stitching on the binding will be a real celebration - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, they really should highlight both the front and back of that amazing quilt! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:02 AM

    Gorgeous quilting and piecing on your quilt! You must be very happy to have finished that old ufo. It is a lovely quilt, worthy of being completed. Have a great week. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fabulous quilting on your lovely quilt, no wonder you are thrilled to bits with it.

    ReplyDelete