Sunday, March 31, 2024

Happy Easter, Slow Sunday Stitching

Happy Easter!
 

Happy Easter everyone!  Hope you have a great day.  I will be getting together with my family tonight for dinner at my oldest daughter's house with what family is in town.

Currently granddaughter Kyleigh and boyfriend are in France We found out they became engaged yesterday at Chateau Villandry in Tours, France!   We are all so excited and can't wait till they get back home.  Don't they look happy!


This week was another busy one, getting ready for workday at my house, and getting ready for a day quilt retreat Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at a neighboring town.  We leave our stuff a Veteran's Hall overnight and come home for the night.  

There were 2 rooms, my was the one less occupied.  I was up at the front near the kitchen and eh snacks, which wasn't necessarily a good thing.  I don't snack at home generally but when the snack table is 6 feet away it is hard to resist, particularly the homemade toffee and the guacamole and chips!


This was my work station


This was the other room.  


I think we had a larger attendance the last time I went, but because of Easter I think attendance was down a bit.  

I finished up granddaughter Klara's sloth wall hanging.  I had started it for her birthday in October, but then my embroidery machine needed a spa day in the middle of embroidering the one of the sloths on.  Klara picked out the phrase "It's temporary" to put on it.  I plan to give it to her for Easter.  




The majority of the time at the day camp I worked grandson Keaton's graduation quilt.  This is Kyleigh's baby brother.  He graduates from high school in a couple of months.  He will be attending college in Salem, West Virginia.

I decided to print pictures of the family dogs, and incorporate them into wonky star blocks.  In between the blocks there will be plain blue blacks.  I got out a bunch of my flannels/plaids/homespuns.  I figured it would be great for the colder weather he will be heading back into.    Keaton always wanted a pug.  They have 3 other dogs in the family.  His parents told him when his brother went off to college and he was the only one home that he could get a pug.  This is Rigby, AKA Piggy as he runs around and eats everyone's food.  




I worked some more on my Storm at Sea Blocks.  I need 24 of these, and have 6 completed.  These will go on my person lighthouse quilt.  Every retreat I work on them, and I still don't have enough components, but am getting there.  I could do 2 sides of these diamonds, but don't have the other sides cut out somehow.  



Every year our guild has a block of the month, and this year, it was a do-it-yourself landscape block of the month.  Each month you would add another component.  This was one of our member's landscape wall hanging and it was amazing.  


Lastly I practiced my free-motion quilting, getting ready to work on my Hospital Sketches quilt.  This is entered in our May quilt show and I need to get going on it.   I got some suggestions and pep talk on how to quilt it by Lesha, the woman that quilted my Ella Maria Deacon


This was a couple of hours of practice before day camp ended.  


For Slow Sunday Stitching I will continue working on Ella Maria Deacon.  I have 2 sides left to sew down.


I will be linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.    Head on over and check out what others have been up to.  

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Easter. All your projects are looking great. A local 3 day quilt retreat would suit me perfectly. A chance to focus on your quilts and quilting but sleeping in your own beds! Sounds fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter, Karrin! And congratulations to your granddaughter and her fiancee - that's fun news! Retreats always sound like fun, especially the ones where you can go home and sleep in your own bed. I love the sloth wall-hanging and Keaton's dog quilt, too. Such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such happy news re Kyleigh and her fiancee! Engaged in France, the city of love, so very special. Many congratulations to them. You always pack so much creativity into your week, Karrin. The retreat sounds as if it was wonderful, and yes, that landscape is incredible. Kara's sloth quilt is sweet and Keaton's plaid quilt is going to be fabulous. Love all those plaids together with photos of his sweet pug. I must say your practice run of the free motion quilting is just wow! It looks as if you've been doing it forever. Have a wonderful Easter get together with your family. A Happy and Blessed Easter to you, lovely Karrin .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter! Congrats to your granddaughter on her engagement and the grandson on the college choice! Your retreat looks fun and I would be tempted that close to the snack table too. Your quilting looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a very productive time at the retreat. An engagement in the family, how nice. And I like the dog quilt you are making for your grandson. Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful quilts and wasn't that nice for your granddaughter to get in engaged in France - the romance country :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Kyleigh and her happy beau...what a memory for them in years to come. Meanwhile, all the lovely quilting going on. I think your free motion quilting is just wonderful...you don't need practice. How neat to go to a retreat and the snacks sound wonderful too. Happy Stitching, Karrin!

    ReplyDelete