Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Dust Off A Quilt Book Blog Hop Today

 


The Dust off a Quilt Book Blog Hop is today, hosted by the amazing Bea @Beaquilter.  I look forward to this hop every year as I have a lot of quilt books saved as I have something I want to make in them.

When Bea gave me a choice of days for this blog hop, I chose March 7th.  This would have been my mother's 92nd birthday.  I was the first of four children, and my mother was 18 when she had me.  My mother loved roosters and chickens and I inherited a lot of her chicken and rooster porcelains and pictures.  

So in honor of my mother's birthday today  I decided to make something with a rooster in it.  It came from this booklet, that didn't even have a published date in it.



My mother would have loved this guy.  He brightens up my living room.  My mother passed away in 1997 at the age of 65.  I have to say that after she passed away I found myself purchasing a lot of chicken and rooster fabric!  But the background for this pillow I found at Hobby Lobby and I couldn't seem to leave the store without it.  

Visit the other quilters and see what quilt book they have dusted off.  Thanks again Bea for the invitation to participate in one of my favorite hops!

                                                            Karrin's Crazy World

                                                      Quilting Patchwork Appliqué

                                                      High Road Quilter

                                                      Beaquilter

Thanks for stopping by!
           

8 comments:

  1. Aaah this is such a sweet post, Karrin and a lovely tribute to your dear mother. Your rooster is magnificent. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful photo of you and your Mom, and this cushion is a lovely tribute to her memory. Fun background prints!
    I also have this booklet on my shelves ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really cute rooster pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rooster back ground fabric is quite adorable!!!! I too have so MANY books I wish to create from! Enjoy your day! And happy Heavan-ly Birthday to your Mother! It seems you have many fond memories of her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely tribute to your Mom. I agree that it is a beautiful photo of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this pillow and how it evokes your Mom....truly a labor of love. Fun pic of you and mom, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your rooster pillow is so fun, Karrin - I love all his happy color and that great background fabric! It definitely sounds like your mom would have loved him, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the rooster and the backing fabric is so cute.

    ReplyDelete