Sunday, February 10, 2019

HQAL, Slow Sunday Stitching


Three weeks is flying faster and faster by!  Have been doing a lot of hand stitching, and a lot of it involves things I can't show right now due to upcoming blog hops.  I have been enjoying the hand-pieced QAL hosted by Patty at Elm Street Quilts and Kristin from Simple, Handmade, Everyday..

I'm really having a good time, with fond memories of my dear MIL who could usually hand-piece and hand-quilt a quilt in a month. She had no rotary cutter either.  It was all done using templates and scissors.





Hand Quilt Along Links

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyLoriMargaretKerryEmmaTracyDebConnieSusan,  Nanette,  Edith


I'm also working on some hand stitching on little challenge piece with some friends, Moira at The Quilted Snail, Susan at Desertsky Quilting, and Edi at Edi's Crafting Life .  We each received a FQ and are to make something from it.  I have my project  half done.  Can't show that right now either till the reveal.

I'll also be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  

4 comments:

  1. Is hand piecing a new challenge for you Karrin, or one that you do from time to time? I have never hand pieced, but thought about it. Maybe after I get caught up on my projects I can think about that. Your blocks are beautiful, I love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't started the Elm Street HQAL, but have purchased my fabric. Your blocks look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look wonderful! I am enjoying the QAL also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blocks! I take it your going to do everything by hand... that’s neat!

    ReplyDelete