Sunday, February 24, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching


I'll be linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching hosted by Kathy's Quilts.  My slow stitching this week has consisted of putting binding on a still secret project, but should be sharing it shortly.  


My lighting is really bad today, it is an overcast day and we are expecting a big rainfall sometime.




I finished my block for the Hand-Pieced QAL hosted by Patty at Elm Street Quilts and Kristin from Simple, Handmade, Everyday   This was week 5, the Dorothy Block.  I really appreciate Patty and Kristin's instruction and having this QAL.  




This is a Block 10 from a BOM called Flourishes by Piece of Cake Designs.  It also happens to be my One Monthly Goal.  One more flower and I can call it done.  I'm frantically working on this today, because I want to start a new project!

Barbara Brackman has a new 9 month applique Civil War BOM called Hospital Sketches.  I have the first block prepped, and hope to start this tonight, after I finish the above block.  

Spent quite a bit of time yesterday organizing my 4 drawers of reproduction fabrics yesterday, searching for something I never found.  But at least that area of my stash is organized!

I'll be linking up to Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Thanks for stopping by!





2 comments:

  1. I did smile when you shared that you searched and searched for that one thing you could not find but ended up having organised drawers. This scenario is the story of my life. =) Some beautiful hand stitching to be seen. Love your Dorothy Block and the BOM flower is pretty. How wonderful you only one more flower to go. It is always a happy day when the binding on a quilt is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks! I am always tempted to do some hand piecing, but then I get too worried that my seams will not be consistent, so back to the machine I go! xx

    ReplyDelete