Monday, June 03, 2019

Blessings Quilt, Nutcracker Suite

I've been making progress on the Blessings Quilt.  This was from the Blessings Quilt Series by Jennifer Lokey and Karen Rosien.  This was something I started in 1999 with a group of online quilting friends.  I finished section 1 and 2, and put it in a bag along with the fabrics I had pulled.  I'm currently working on section 3.   I lost sections 4,5 and 6 instructions and am awaiting my order to come in. I have the instructions for the remaining 7-12 sections.  I had this on my list for quarter 2 of the 2019 Finish-A-Long, but not sure I will get it to flimsy stage.  I have a bunch of embroidery to do on the other sections and then a lot of piecing.  

This piece was what I started out with when I pulled it out of the closet.  





    I got this block finished

  
Am working on this one.  At least I put most of my instructions in the notebook!  Have no clue where the other ones are, but I have too much to accomplish this month to look for them.



  

Still need to do more piecing on this one.  Those flowers gave me a hard time.  Probably because I have black and white insructions, and there would be 4 f sections, all of different colors and I kept putting the wrong thngs together.  

So all three of those make up section 3.  I will go on to section 7, at least prepare the embroidery, waiting for sections 4-6. 



On the quarter 2 Finish-A-Long goals was to have 3 of the nutcracker blocks done. I got all 5 of the nutcracker blocks done.   I'm getting this Nutcracker Suite BOM from Shabby Fabrics.  These were laser cut and already had the fusible on them so I machine-stitched them down, and embroidered the details by hand.  















Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. The embroidered rabbit is a sweet piece. My favorite though in your post are the Nutcrackers. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your progress. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2019 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete