Sunday, June 16, 2019

Hand Quilt Along, Slow Sunday Stitching

It's hard to  believe another 3 weeks has flown by, time to report in for the Hand Quilt Along.

This week I finished up June's segment of the Sweet Land of Liberty designed by Cheri Payne.  Lori of Humble Quilts is guiding us along and giving us dimensions.  We are doing this on the Facebook group Quilts by Cheri Friendship Group.  Lori did this same quilt-along last year on her blog, and she is referring us to those directions each month.  Can't really see my hand stitching on the sawtooth star, but it is all hand-applique.  The




The other thing I have been working on this week is my Father Christmas blocks.   I started one in 1997, came across the blocks again, and want to finish 3 this month.  Just laying his belt/sash across his coat, I'm thinking i need to go with more contrast on the belt/sash.




                                  These are the first two guys.  I love this so much.  



One of my favorite activities is to visit everyone's blog and see what they have been doing.  You can see the other participants in the Hand Quilt Along below.

Hand Quilt Along Links

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretEmmaTracyDebSusan,  Nanette,  EdithSharonKarrinGretchen and Kathi


I'll also be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  If you have a chance, be sure and head over there and check out those links for more inspiration.  

I'm having a Father's Day Lunch today, so I need to get the pulled pork on.  

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Your projects are lovely - especially your Father Christmas quilt! Yes, you're right, some more contrast in his belt will show your handiwork better! I so enjoyed your post today! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made only of my Father Christmas quilt. I have the kits...yours is just lovely!!! Love your Liberty quilt, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects you are doing. So nice to continue with the Father Christmas quilt. Very nice application blocks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love to stop by and see what your working on. I really like your Father Christmas project --- its going to be awesome :) Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Father Christmas blocks are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Father Christmas blocks! They are heart warming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my, Karrin, you are going to be finished, and I will still be only half-way, as I'm struggling to finish unit 2 right now. =) Your new part is beautiful. Love your pineapple. I can see I might as well cut some more flying geese and use them as leader enders! That is a great Santa. I agree with you about the belt. This will be another wonderful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Father Christmas blocks look very interesting. I have a set of Santa patterns I was thinking should be stitched instead of just sitting waiting. You kept your started blocks and patterns for a long time.

    ReplyDelete